Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » STD help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: STD help
pooh07
Neophyte
Member # 24506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pooh07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had sex with my boyfriend a year ago. That was the ONLY time I have ever had sex. I was a virgin and he was a virgin. I didnt have any stds and he didnt either. We also used a condom. Like about 6 or 7 months later I got a bump in my vagaina. It doesnt hurt. I didnt even know it was there. Then it went away and came back in a different place in my vagaina. I never get more than 2 at a time. I havent have any other symptoms of an std. I just want to know if you can still get stds without having sex and. If you cant, then do u know what is happening to me?
Please help I am confused and scared because I dont know what it is.

Posts: 3 | From: Huntsville | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Y'know, it could be a genital wart. they're *really* common. We're talking 70% of people carrythe virus, though only a tiny fraction show warts.

You can get genital warts from dry humping. it's spread throuh skin to skin contact, so even if he said he was a virgin, if he's ever let a girl grind on him, he can get the infection that way. Same with you. Even if he's the only guy you've have penetrative sex with, if you've ever had dry sex or grinded (ground?) on someone before, you can get the virus, too.

or it could be a pimple. How to tell the difference? See a doctor while you have the bump. the fresher the better.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooh07
Neophyte
Member # 24506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pooh07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok so do u think it is anything serious? Do I need to be really worried?
Posts: 3 | From: Huntsville | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Just FYI, if these are INSIDE your vaginal canal, pimples aren't a possibility. So, get thee to the gynecologist or sexual healthclinic, girlie.)
Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooh07
Neophyte
Member # 24506

They are not actually in the hole... But they are like on the "lips" of the vagania. What are vagainal warts?

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The lips are called the labia. Genital warts are a couisn of the warts you get on your hands or feet. They're caused by the human papilloma virus, of which there are hundreds of different strains.

Warts can't kill you, but they can complicate some matters. genital warts are a STD, so they can spread to other people. In pregnant women, they can be a problem if they cluster if such large numbers that they block the vagina, so the baby can't get out. Many poeple only get one or two at a time, but some people get them in big bunches. This is especially true of people whose immune systems are weak.

anyway, read more at http://www.scarleteen.com/infection/hpvhsv.html and please schedule an appt. with a doctor to figure out if the bump is a zit, wart or something else entirely. And until you know what it is, definitely abstain from sex.

------------------
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VingilotSilmaril
Neophyte
Member # 22255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VingilotSilmaril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i noticed tonight in the shower that i have a painful sore towards the back of the labia. i freaked so i got out of the shower and looked with a mirror. it looked like a huge zit, so i popped it and out came a huge, rock-hard yellow clump (sorry that was so gross) and my first thought was "STD! OHMYGOD!" so i ran to scarleteen. now i've only grinded with one guy who had never even kissed another girl. there were fluids involved because we were naked (i know, i'm an idiot). anyhow, is there any chance at all that this could be an std? i've never noticed anything like this before and i'm just really scared. thank you.
Posts: 9 | From: whittier, california, us | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Well, it could be a wart that broke off. or it could be a huge zit. But I can't tell from here. You will need to show it to a doctor. You can go to your own. or you can take advantage of the Whittier Public Health Clinic. call the number in my sig. line and ask for open hours. They test and treat STDs for free. you can even get EC there.

Even if they say the sore is nothing, please get tested for STDs while you're there. You might as well right?

oh, and abstain from all sexual activity until that sore heals. Open sores make you much more likely to pick up infections.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Gumdrop Girl (edited 07-21-2005).]

VingilotSilmaril
Neophyte
Member # 22255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VingilotSilmaril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
also, what in tolkien's name can i do? i popped it and then put alcohol (oww!) but how do i stop it from spreading or infecting more serious areas? =\
Posts: 9 | From: whittier, california, us | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

let it dry out. wear loose cotton underwear and don't put alcohol on your genitals ever. it's too harsh. instead, try something gentler like betadine or neosporin.

------------------

VingilotSilmaril
Neophyte
Member # 22255

alrighty. i'll try and do all you said. thank you SO MUCH.
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

you're welcome.

and i encourage you to try the public health clinic since it's paid for by your tax $$$. tell your pals

------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.