Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » help from the experts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help from the experts
Aquamarine
Activist
Member # 3296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aquamarine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there--I'll get right to the point. I've experienced PCOS-like symptoms in the past year, so my gyno recently put me on Yasmin. (My hormone levels were found to be normal.) I did not use either of the traditional start methods ("first day" or "Sunday start") because I haven't experienced a natural period in about a year. I've only been on Yasmin for a week and a day. The condom broke tonight and my boyfriend (long-term, monogamous, tested) ejaculated in the meantime. I do have access to EC; should I take it, and continue with my pill as directed, or should I simply keep taking Yasmin on schedule? I'm worried primarily because of my "nontraditional" start day and because ST recommends a month of regular pill use before unprotected sex (and, rightly, doesn't advise unprotected sex at all )

Thanks so much for your help.

Posts: 87 | From: bay area & new england | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would defineatly suggest EC.

Good luck

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.