Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » really concerned!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: really concerned!
PebblePerson
Neophyte
Member # 15200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PebblePerson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
is it possible to have some little bumps or a rough texture on the inside of your vagina that are simply natural 'irregularities' and not genital warts? i do have some... and i'm not sure, but i *think* that they have always been there......

the only sexual contact any other person has ever made with my genitals has been manual, and was years ago... and i know that in your articles you say that it may be transferred manually... but i also have experienced no, er, discomfort down there... your articles really freaked me out!! please respond and let me know if it's possible to just naturally have any kind of variations!

Posts: 18 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While the texture of the skin on the inside of vaginas (vaginae?) can differ, and the texture of the skin on the labia can be grainy, you should be seeing a gynecologist if you've begun menstruating. That way you can be sure that you haven't got anything going on in your genital area that needs attention.

Check out this article for more: Your First Gynecologist Visit

------------------
Laurel Lemming
Scarleteen Advocate

And when her spirit left her body/How it split the sun/I know that she will live forever/All goes on and on./And she goes/And now she knows she'll never be afraid... - Neutral Milk Hotel

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.