Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » blacked out on tampon

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: blacked out on tampon
jttran
Neophyte
Member # 14797

Icon 9 posted      Profile for jttran     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just tried putting in a tampon for the first time. It hurt a bit going in, but immediately afterward, I got really dizzy, heard strange high-pitched whistles in my head, and I couldn't see for a while (everything was black). I felt pretty scared. I took it out after it was in for about twenty minutes, and that hurt too. Is this supposed to happen for some people? I've never had anything up my vagina before. Is intercourse going to be like this too?

Thank you for any help...

Posts: 1 | From: Berkeley, CA, USA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chances are, the two things were unrelated.

In any event, blackouts or similar should be taken seriously, so I'd advise calling your doctor or healthcare provider.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ManiMami
Neophyte
Member # 14253

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ManiMami     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I read an article here that told about someone masturbating and blacking out. Could it be kind of like that?
Posts: 11 | From: NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Psst, Manimami, we ask that only Advocates and Sexperts reply to posts in Emergency and Crises. Also, Miz Scarlet has already taken care of this post. Thanks.
Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To clarify about that article, the author just so happened to get a migraine when she was masturbating. The two events turned out to be unrelated.
Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.