Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » ahh, one last question..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ahh, one last question..
Surf Chicklet
Activist
Member # 11403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Surf Chicklet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

First I'd like to apologize as Im pretty positive this is getting bothersome..but I have one last question.

Pregnancy is not possible if someone(male) hands have been on (brushed, even accidently) your hips, legs, etc right?

Also, in a pool (chlorine is present) is it myth or is there some truth to the rumor that one can get pregnant without genital contact in a pool?

Posts: 59 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sweetie, I'm going to refer you back to a couple of replies Miz S. made to you:
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum27/HTML/003739.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum27/HTML/002401.html

We're all concerned for you, but honestly, our answer is not going to change, no matter how many times you ask us. Please do take care of yourself, and see if you can find a therapist who will help you with these concerns, okay? If you need help finding a therapist, we'll be glad to see if we can find a low-cost therapy provider in your area.

------------------
Kythryne Aisling
Scarleteen Advocate

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, what matters is not whether it's bothersome or not, but whether you are getting the help you need to deal with these worries.

As someone with a little experience with OCD stuff myself, I'd guess that right now, a bit of your mind probably already knows that the answer I'm about to give is nope, you don't have a pregnancy risk.

You've asked a few times before about people's hands touching your hips or legs, and the answer is still no, there is not even the tiniest bit of a pregnancy risk there.

Guys don't just walk round with fresh sperm dripping from their hands, and even if they did that sperm could not crawl through your clothes and climb up your leg.

And nope, unless you're having direct genital contact in the swimming pool, there's not going to be a pregnancy risk.

Check out: http://www.teenwire.com/index.asp?taStrona=http://www.teenwire.com/ask/articles/as_20011108p310.asp .

Really, unless you're actually engaged in sexual activities, you just don't need to worry about pregnancy.

If you have OCD, I understand that you're not going to be able to stop yourself from having these irrational worries just by willing it or by recognizing that they're irrational (although that can be a step in the right direction).

Have you managed to talk to your therapist about your pregnancy fears yet? It might also be a good idea to talk about medication as a possibility - OCD often responds really well to medication, and it seems clear that this is causing you a lot of stress.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.