Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » i dont know what to do

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i dont know what to do
im so scared
Member # 13766

Icon 11 posted      Profile for im so scared     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey yall i was w/ my boyfriend at his house and his parents werent home so we started foolin around and all of the sudden we were just takin our clothes off and we were havin sex, i guess i wasnt htinking at the time cuz i was kinda excited. but im only 14 and i dont wanna tell my mom and i really wanna see if theres maybe a way i can do something b4 she finds out, like is there anyway i can get a birth control pill with out her? can one of my older friends maybe take me to get it if i can come up with the money?
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you asking about the emergency contraception pill?

In that case, yes, you can.

I would really encourage you to be honest with her, but if you're not quite there yet, do not let that stop you from getting emergency contraception, because you need to get it within, at a maximum, 100 hours of this incident, and far sooner than that, if possible.

You can obtain the MAP at your doctor, any sexual health or family planning clinic, or an emergency room.

You're also going to need STD and STI testing soon, though you should wait about a month for that.

For future reference, please check out: Ready or Not? The Readiness Checklist.

Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.