Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » somebody please help me

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: somebody please help me
gigglebaby_6
Neophyte
Member # 13311

Icon 9 posted      Profile for gigglebaby_6     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok. Last month I didnt have my period, just spotting, and I went to the doctor and she said that it was normal b/c I had just lost my virinity( yes I used condoms and from my knowledge they didnt break), and my period would be a little messed up at first, well now, a month later, I just went to the bathroom and this like big piece of flesh came out of me(about the size of 2 quarters) it had a little blood on it, and it had a fishy smell, after that, I wiped and looked in my panties, and there was no discharge in my panties, no blood or anything in my panties, and it didnt stink after i wiped,and it still has a normal smell. does anyone know what this could be??! maybe a miscarriage?.. an std?..implantation bleeding? I have a gynocologist appt. in 15 days, so if anyone could help me out now it would be great!! thank you
Posts: 20 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To be frank, I don't know why a doctor would tell you that, because while first intercourse can cause some spotting (right after, for tops, a few days), it in no way changes your hormonal or menstrual cycle, something which any doctor knows full well.

I'm guessing you may have just started your period and that "piece" you were looking at was just endometrium ot very clumpy discharge, and you just haven't seen flow yet. If your condom was used for ALL genital contact from start to finish, and did not rip, tear, or slip off, neither pregnancy nor miscarriage is a possibility (and miscarriage as early as what would be two weeks isn't going to look like anything other than a period, besides).

If you do NOT see flow in the next day, I'd suggest you make sure to keep that appointment, but call in if you've any other symptoms.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

[This message has been edited by Miz Scarlet (edited 06-30-2003).]

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigglebaby_6
Neophyte
Member # 13311

Icon 9 posted      Profile for gigglebaby_6     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What exactly is endometrium?.. I'm not bleeding now, it was just that chunk, I'm not on my period, and we might have used the condom wrong the 1st two times, b/c it was before I discovered the "how to put a condom on correctly" article on this site.. So is there any other possibility? I'm really worried right now, I want to go get a pregnancy test, but have no money, and I don't drive, and my boyfriend is out of town, and my parents are always working, and they really dont think I'm pregnant, like they try to make an image for me like a perfect little angel, and they believe I'm perfect they're like " I know you used the condom right you're a smart girl" I think my mom is scared of what the results might be so she keeps putting it off, and what did you mean about the 2 weeks thing? We had sex 2 months ago.. please help me! I'm sorry for bothering you
Posts: 20 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Endometrium is the lining that grows each month inside your uterus to sustain an embryo should a pregnancy occur. Each month when you don't become pregnant, you shed that, which is what menstruating is.

Most often, we see our flow as liquid, but it isn't always. Sometimes, you see some endometrium as more solid.

If you used a condom incorrectly, you've had a pregnancy risk when that happened. I don't know what to tell you about obtaining a pregnancy test: being able to do things like get a $10 test are part of sexual reaadiness in our book -- after all, annual sexual healthcare requires some bucks and transport (even if it's a bus or bike), and handling a pregnancy requires a whole lot more, so if someone isn't ready to do that stuff, totally on their own, we think it's best that person wait to become sexually active.

I was not aware the incident in question was 2 months ago. If you have not had a period for two months, you should certainly take a pregnancy test and get a GYN exam. Find a way, and I'd suggest reconsidering your sexual readiness if things like this really aren't something you can handle alone, love.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.