Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » could be pregnent at 15!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: could be pregnent at 15!!!
Member # 13713

Icon 4 posted      Profile for darkstar987     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i might be pregnent. i was with my boyfriend of 7 months and we had sex a few days ago with out anything. it was only for about 5 minutes at the most . after about 1-2 hours we did it again cause we were affraid something might happen. like this!. man, i dont know what to do,he's 16 and im 15, and theres no way i can get enough money to abort it or get the pill. im going to take the test but i dont know how long i haveto wait.please help!
Posts: 1 | From: midland | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if it's been under 100 hours since the incident occured, you can go to the emergency room and get emergency contraception. it'll cost about $35. Scrape up the money and get it because lord knows if you can't afford $35 for a pill, how the heck are you gonna afford to raise a baby? Emergency contraception is most effective within 72 hours, but is still good up to 100 or even 120 hours. So hurry up and go get it.

If you are past the 120 hour mark, then you will need to wait 10-14 days following the sexual encounter to take a home pregnancy test.

And good luck to oyu with that. Also, if you simply cannot afford to buy things like condoms, lubricant and birth control nor afford to pay for STD screens and doctor visits you are not ready to have sex. So please, if you can't exercise common sense or can't afford take care of your health, stop having sex till you can.

mundi faece repletum

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.