Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » pubic lice

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pubic lice
lovechild953
Neophyte
Member # 13600

Icon 8 posted      Profile for lovechild953     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ewww just found out i have pubic lice because my ex and i still have casual sex tomorrow i am going to the clinic to get treatment and tests for all other std's anyway i've read the basics about it and i have a few questions like do the mites/crabs/lice or whatever you would like to call them bite? how can i be prevent this from happening again? will shaving my pubic hair help any in the future

------------------
*proud teen mama to a beauitful 10 month old girl*

Posts: 17 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.scarleteen.com/infection/pubiclice.html
Yep, they do indeed bite, or they'd have died out years ago. They're parasites, they live on your blood.

The article linked above should explain everything. You might do well to find yourself another partner than your ex, or learn to enjoy your own sexual company. There's a reason he's your ex, I'm sure.
------------------
Milke, with an L, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, DNFTF

Ask me, I won't say no, how could I?

[This message has been edited by Milke (edited 06-26-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Miz Scarlet (edited 06-26-2003).]

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovechild953
Neophyte
Member # 13600

Icon 9 posted      Profile for lovechild953     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so i couldn't be seen by the clinic so i can either wait until next monday (today is tuesday)or i can just buy over the counter medication which i will do but i have another concern that i think may be a problem there is a bump like underneath my skin(down there) and i know that the article said "Some people get blue spots where they were bitten." but this doesn't look blue at all could this be a possibility of a skin to skin contact std? not sure where i'll go since places are telling me theres a waiting list for std/sti testing

Posts: 17 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You need to go in and find out exactly what you do have. Guessing is just going to be a waste of your time and money.

ARe the clinics you called telling you there is a waiting list? if not, you need to call them directly.

Here are a few in Philly:

BEBASHI
215-769-3561

Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia 215-590-5809

The Attic
215-545-4331

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.