Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » something is wrong with me!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: something is wrong with me!
almost_famous
Neophyte
Member # 11620

Icon 9 posted      Profile for almost_famous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay about 2 weeks ago I posted a message on here about what I thought may be implantation bleeding! Since that time I have taken 7 pregnancy tests since I was supposed to start my period about a week ago, I know that is a lot and it sounds kind of obsessive compulsive if you ask me! I might be going crazy, i dont know! Im just worried! All of the tests have came back negative...so really there is no way that 7 could be wrong, right?? I bled for 3 days when I posted my message about implantation bleeding...maybe that was my period if so it was very early...and light. I have bled just a little since then maybe about 10 minutes very lightly one day. I have lower abdominal pains almost everyday, and I am becoming obsessed with thinking that something is wrong with me!

Another horrible thing happened...I have been with my boyfriend for over 2 years he just admitted to me about 2 weeks ago that he got drunk and had sex with a girl from our school with a really bad reputation for sleeping around. I personally asked her if she had any STD's she told me she didnt and that she got tested every month. I dont know if I should believe her. I made my boyfriend get tested at Planned Parenthood and the results are not back yet. I have been reading up on STDs thinking that that may be what is wrong with me, and Chlamydia seemed to have the same symptoms I have experienced...the sore throat and everything! I know it seems like I am in a very bad situation and I am, I just dont know what to do. I will probably end up telling my parents and going to the doctor...any idea what this could be..if you have any clue please let me know! Thank you soo much!

Oh, one more thing...about 3-4 weeks ago I had what I thought was a yeast infection, could it be something else that I thought was a yeast infection?

[This message has been edited by almost_famous (edited 06-19-2003).]

Posts: 31 | From: Indiana, US | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Working backwards... did you have the yeast infections diagnosed and treated? If not, you have no way of knowing what it was. Symptoms like those of a yeastt infection can also be symptoms of a bacterial infection or of a few STIs.

I don't know sex workers that get tested every month. So, to be frank, no, I wouldn't believe this girl. Even if she's honest, how often she's been tested has nnothing to do with you and your boyfriend: you both need to get tested and start a routine of regular annual testing (and safer sex) regardless, especially if you've been having sex unprotected.

And yes, 7 pregnancy tests are WAY more than enough to determine that you are NOT pregnant.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
almost_famous
Neophyte
Member # 11620

Icon 14 posted      Profile for almost_famous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for such a quick reply Miz Scarlet! No I didnt go to the doctor for what I thought was a yeast infection.

And yes we do have protected sex every single time, we are always extra careful in everything sexual that we do. I do plan to go on birth control soon, since I worry so much about getting pregnant when theres really no risk anyway, it would probably make me feel better.

When his test results come back, it should be tomorrow, I will know what to do next. If he does have chlamydia or any type of STD I will definetly go get tested. I planned on going anyway, but I couldnt because my family was home today, so that got set back! Next week we are going to Myrtle Beach but when I get back the first thing thats on my agenda will be going to planned parenthood, to get put on birth control or tested, maybe both! And yes you are right, Im sure she doesnt get tested every month either, but my boyfriend and I are trying to work through this, I dont know if we can, or if I should have even given him a chance, but I did and we are trying! Thanks again for being so quick at replying. You definetly made me feel better about the pregnancy test thing. I just have a huge problem with worrying! Thanks a lot!

Posts: 31 | From: Indiana, US | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome.

You need to get tested regardless of his results, especially since it is harder to detect some of the most common STIs in men, the HPV and Herpes. So, no matter what, you need testing, luv.

Protected sex does make a big difference w/disease and infection transmission though. So, while some infections (again, like HPV and Herpes) can still be acquired with condom, dam and glove use, others really get slim chances (like Chlamydia) when you've been smart.

You also need to go get looked at. Walking around with any sort of infection is a bad idea, because even a yeaast or bacterial infection can spreads to other parts of your body. So, do go as soon as you can, like in the next couple days. If you can't see your regular GYN, you can always go to a walk-in clinic.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.