Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » condom broke

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: condom broke
jcowboy9
Neophyte
Member # 13427

Icon 4 posted      Profile for jcowboy9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
iight last friday i was at my lake house with my girlfriend and we were having sex. as i was going the condom busted, and now im worried. i was using a spermicide condom, but i dont no if that makes a difference. she usually doesnt start her period until the 23rd, but i dont no what to do
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there,
The spermicide from the condom isn't sufficient to protect against pregnancy, so right now, it's time for your partner to get emergency contraception. Here's our article about it:
Emergency Contraception
It includes a hotline of providers and additional information about EC.

So hop to it; EC is more likely to be effective when it's taken ASAP. Also, it's a good idea to get tested for STDs after you deal with this immediate pregnancy crisis, and perhaps investigate if you were using the condom properly. Good luck!

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.