Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » I need help, but I'm scared

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I need help, but I'm scared
Member # 13421

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StageStar87     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I need help. I have a lot of problems and I'm finally realizing that I need some real help because I can't do things on my own. I cut myself,I'm suicidal and I recently began forcing myself to throw up after meals. I crave attention and I've put myself into compromising sexual situations to get there. I am really depressed.
I know I need help, professional help, I'm sick of hiding this, but I can't tell my parents. They've always acted like people with these kind of problems are just crying out for attention and they don't realize how much pain I'm in. They would kill me if they knew what I've been doing.
How can I get help from someone without them knowing. My school does not have guidance counselors (private Christian school, aparently God is supposed to be our counselor.) I need help, I'm sick being depressed and hiding scars and cuts. I'm sick of crying, but I don't know how to get better. What can I do without having to talk to my parents?

Posts: 1 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What I'd suggest, then, is calling your local community center or civic center and asking for suggestions on local free or sliding scale counseling services. Most communities have them.

Hang in there and make those calls.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.