Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » I need some serious help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I need some serious help
NatskyLuvsMatsky
Neophyte
Member # 13373

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NatskyLuvsMatsky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there,
My name is Natalie...
I am only 15 years old, and my boyfriend is 16... He and I have been together for quite some time ... We decided to have sex, the plus side is that it was protected... with TWO condoms... everyone I know is now telling me that was a bad idea we were both virgins... I was on day 12 of my menstrual cycle... and it is said that on day 14 is the one that is the easiest to get pregnant. I am scared... Planned Parenthood is closed this weekend... I want the ECP really badly.. I will NEVER have sex again till I am married. I am so scared would there be a big risk? even though the condoms didn't even slip, nor did they break... and it only lasted about 45 seconds... since I made him pull out to cum... please write back..my e-mail is [edited] no posts please thanks
Natalie

Please do not post your email address or any other contact information in your messages. It's for your own safety, and it's also part of the guidelines which you agreed to follow when you signed up to use these boards.

Furthermore, these boards exist for the sole purpose of discussions between users. - Why use email when using this board for its intended purpose enables many to profit from your questions and other user’s replies?

-ook

[This message has been edited by ookuotoe (edited 06-08-2003).]

Posts: 3 | From: Corpus Christi, TX, USA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LittleMoneeGirl
Neophyte
Member # 13375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleMoneeGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OMG! i HAD SEX WITH 2 TOO!!! IM SO SCARED...I DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH MY BODY.....

Please do not quote an entire post. Instructions for replying can be found in this thread: New to Scarleteen?

[This message has been edited by ookuotoe (edited 06-08-2003).]

Posts: 11 | From: los angeles, ca, usa | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First, let yourself relax -- since the condoms didn't break you don't need EC.

However, the friction of multiple condoms rubbing against each other makes them much more likely to break. You got lucky this time; next time just use the one. A Simple Condom Primer may be helpful.

As for never having sex again until marriage, you may want to give that a little more thought. Marriage is not a cure-all for the risks that come with sex. You can aquire STD/STIs while married, as well as conceive. Being married does not guarantee that you'll be ready for such things. Why not read through these articles and think about what's going to work best for you?
Ready or Not? –The Readiness Checklist
Does Abstinence make the Heart Grow Fonder?

Finally, if you do decide to try sex again in the near future (and it's just fine if you choose not to), these articles explain the basics of safer sex:
Safe, Sound & Sexy – A Safer Sex How-To
Margaret Sanger’s Disneyland - An easy chart of your birth control options.

Hope this helps.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NatskyLuvsMatsky
Neophyte
Member # 13373

Icon 9 posted      Profile for NatskyLuvsMatsky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks...
I am still just a little shook up... he only had it in me for about 30-45 seconds... he didn't cum in me, he pulled out... I don't know I am just a little confused now the only reason I am scared is that we did this at the TOTALLY wrong time of my menstrual cycle...I see that girls with normal spaced out periods (the cycle lasting 28 days) are most likely to ovulate around day 14... this was day 12... I am scared... I don't think I was ready, since i am worrying this much
Natalie

Posts: 3 | From: Corpus Christi, TX, USA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
.I see that girls with normal spaced out periods (the cycle lasting 28 days) are most likely to ovulate around day 14... this was day 12...

Whoa there!

Counting days is a really, really unreliable way of telling when you're ovulating.

Why so? Well, first of all, 28 days is just an average. Plenty of women have perfectly normal menstrual cycles which are longer or shorter than 28 days - what matters is what's normal for you.

And the timing of ovulation within the menstrual cycle can naturally vary a lot. It might be day 14 - it might also be day 10, or day 20, for example.

In any case, if the condom didn't break or slip and you used it for all genital contact, then your pregnancy risk is very low no matter what day it was.

Using 2 condoms is a bad idea because it makes it more likely that they will break from the friction. So is having the guy pull out before ejaculation, because it makes it more likely that the condom will slip in the rush to pull out.

But since you've said the condoms didn't slip or break in this case, you don't need to worry.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NatskyLuvsMatsky
Neophyte
Member # 13373

Icon 5 posted      Profile for NatskyLuvsMatsky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey,
Thanks for taking your time to answer my posts
My boyfriend and I went to Planned Parenthood and got the ECP it's the "PLAN B" one... even though the sex was protected... he and i think there may have been a chance of his "pre-cum" entering my vagina.. it's alright that I got the ECP right?
Natalie

logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Taking ECP won't harm you, even if it turns out to be unecessary. And it's certainly better to be safe than sorry .

quote:
even though the sex was protected... he and i think there may have been a chance of his "pre-cum" entering my vagina.

If that happened, then you would have a pregnancy risk, yes (and also a potential STD/STI risk).

But it would also mean that the sex was not protected. "Protection" means using a condom for all genital contact, not just intercourse.

Please do have a read through these for future reference:

A Simple Condom Primer
Safe, Sound & Sexy – A Safer Sex How-To

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.