Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Am I Dying?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Am I Dying?
flavoroftheweek
Neophyte
Member # 13327

Icon 8 posted      Profile for flavoroftheweek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I am really sorry because this might be totally disgusting but I need some serious advice. You see, I have been having sex with my boyfriend for about 7 months now, and I think I might have that Vaginismus thing but I am not sure and it's getting better so I am not worrying about it. But sometimes, when it does hurt more than normal I sort of bleed. Not like period bleeding but like drip drop, done. But this morning me and him had sex twice, normally it does not go like that. We don't have casual sex, more like once or twice a week if we're lucky, but today was special or something. Well, I went home and I was really emotional because the second time was just not great at all for me, but I went to use the restroom and I had the bleeding I get ever so often and so I just stuck some toilet paper in there and went on. Well, not about an hour later, the toilet paper was soaked with blood and it just keeps on bleeding. Not like a period blood, this is thin but I am sort of experiencing some pain in my lower abdomen. You can't be pregnant if you bleed right? and why am I bleeding? I have ovarian cysts, could one of those have popped? Please respond I am desperate for answers. I have not stopped bleeding and it's midnight and it was a good twelve hours ago I had intercourse...
Posts: 5 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you SURE it's not your period? B/c that's what it sounds like to me.

But ... You know your body better than anyone else here. If you really don't think this is your period, you need to see a doctor ... as soon as possible. You could even go to the ER ... Unexplainable vaginal bleeding is serious, especially if it's heavy.

Please let us know how it goes.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flavoroftheweek
Neophyte
Member # 13327

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flavoroftheweek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for replying. I think it could be my period but still it would be two weeks early if I was normal. I get my period once about every two to three months and this "period" or just me bleeding is about two weeks after my previous period. Could I be on my period? Is this normal?
Posts: 5 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If your period isn't regular, it could very well be your period. It can take up to 5 years for a woman's period to become 'regular'. This could just be your body's way of trying to regulate itself ...
Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sweetie, have you talked to a doctor about the fact that you only get your period every few months? While it's normal for menstrual cycles to be irregular for a few years, if your cycles are that irregular, it's usually a good idea to see a doctor to see if there's something causing it.

I'd strongly suggest that you take the advice Smurf gave you and call your doctor.

------------------
Kythryne Aisling
Scarleteen Advocate

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.