Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Help Me!!!! : (

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help Me!!!! : (
almost_famous
Neophyte
Member # 11620

Icon 9 posted      Profile for almost_famous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im really scared, something really weird is happening to me! Okay here it is...my period ended about 2 weeks ago. Since then I have had sex, my period has been on the same schedule for about a year now! But just yesterday I went to the bathroom and noticed some brown discharge and blood in my underwear! I was scared so the first thing I did was go out and buy 2 pregnancy tests, both turned out negative. Since then, I havent had anymore brown discharge but just blood it resembles a period to me, just not as heavy. Im afraid, what could it be? I thought at first that maybe it was implantation bleeding, but isnt that just spotting? I think this is more than spotting, but I dont exactly know what spotting is! Please help me, im really worried!!
Posts: 31 | From: Indiana, US | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you have a high pregnancy risk to begin with? In other words, did you have intercourse without birth control, or did your method fail?

Unless either of those are the case, there's likely no need to worry about pregnancy. If either of those are the case, and you've had a risk in the last two weeks, you took the tests to soon. You'll need to wait until your first missed or late period OR until it has been at least 10 days since the risk.

The sort of discharge you're describing can be a lot of things. It can be the onset of a period, it could also be spotting or implantation bleeding. It could also be a symptom of infection.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.