Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnant?
Tom19
Neophyte
Member # 13278

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Tom19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello. Yesterday, my girlfriend and I we're fooling around for a few hours without any protection, and I would really like to know how high the pregnancy risk is. We had dry sex and manual sex (I think, but I'm not sure).

As far as the dry sex is concerned, I was wearing boxers, and she was wearing underwear. Im 99% sure that my pre-cum and cum didnt soak through to her underwear, only mine. I think only her vaginal fluids were on her underwear, based on their posititon so I'm not too worried about that.

Its the manual sex that has me concerned. I had 2 orgasms throughout the 3 hours, my first, occured during the first hour, and the 2nd, was the last thing that happened. During my first orgasm, a lot of the cum went to my boxers, because she gave me a handjob inside my boxers, so I dont think it got on her hands. It might have gotten on my hands, but I dont know, I think I touched the tip of my penis after the first orgasm, but Im really not sure. I touched her genitals with my hands briefly, I did it many times over her underwear, but I did it once with my hands, under the underwear. So, I dont know......

I'm a little worried right now, I have a feeling the risks arent too high, but I dont know. Regardless, I've learned a lesson, I just hope its not too late. Thank you.

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would say you have a moderate to low risk of pregnancy in this case, simply because I'm unclear if after you'd ejaculated you also had dry sex in the same shorts containing the ejaculate. If so, that would certainly up the risk to the moderate level, especially if both your undergarments were sodden.

Here's the thing: not knowing your partner's fertility cycle, it's tough to be accurate about risk assessment. The best we can do is with these charts right here, which make it a bit easier to tailor the assesment to your individual situation: What's The Risk? - Five Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessment Flow Charts.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 67973 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom19
Neophyte
Member # 13278

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Tom19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the quick reply.

We did have dry sex in the same undergarments. Does that mean for sure that some cum got on her underwear? Or does it just increase the risk that it did? If her underwear didnt contain any cum, would that reduce the risk to low? And one last question, is there a place on the site that explains the different risk levels of pregnecy? Thanks again.

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Low, moderate and high mean just what those words mean, really.

Personally, if I had at least a moderate pregnancy risk and did not wish to become pregnant, I would be obtaining emergency contraception.

So, if in doing that assessment you had at least a moderate risk (and I'd say you have -- it means the chances are good she did have some genital contact with semen), I'd consider that in earnest. Bear in mind, it is most effective when used within 72 hours.

Posts: 67973 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.