Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Pregnancy risks??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy risks??
cutie
Neophyte
Member # 4245

Icon 5 posted      Profile for cutie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well i started to get sexually active with a good friend of mine (it's a guy and i am a girl) and i am already worried and a bit scared of the whole sex and relationship issues, and now i'm wondering if i could be pregnant.

-we had unprotected sexual activities (i honestly, didn't think things would go that fast, that is not an excuse, i know. from now on, i'm taking condoms wherever i go).
-i was never in contact with semen.
-however i MIGHT have been in contact with his pre-cum.
-my panties were on at all times, but his penis might have touched my panties at some point (i say "might" because we werent having dry sex, so if he did touch me it was inadvertedly). so i dont know if his pre-cum could have soaked through either.
-i also know he touched his penis then later touched my vagina (i think he wiped his hand though)
Are my prengnancy risks high?
What should I do? I will get STD screening (even if we are each other's first sexual partners) but should I Get the morning pill and not worry anymore? if not, how soon can i take a pregnancy test?

Posts: 26 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Emergency contraception is most effective within 72 hours of the pregnancy risk. You can read up on it here: Not 2 Late: Emergency Contraception.

If the 72-hour time frame has passed, take a pregnancy test ten days after the pregnancy risk or the first day of a missed period, whichever comes first.

If you are concerned about sexuality and relationship issues, you might ask yourself if you are really ready for sex at this time. Ready or Not? –The Readiness Checklist is a good starting point to read. Take some time and browse through the Scarleteen articles. You should find them pertinent and helpful.

------------------
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by Bobolink (edited 05-27-2003).]

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cutie
Neophyte
Member # 4245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cutie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, can you tell me how high the risk of pregnancy is?
should i go take the Emergency Contraception pill?
i guess i'm looking for a bit of advice also..

Posts: 26 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's The Risk? - Five Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessment Flow Charts

If your genitals did come in contact with pre-ejaculate you have a moderate pregnancy risk. Remember, pre-ejaculate does contain some sperm and only one sperm cell unites with an egg so only one is needed.

I am not a physician but based upon the risk assessment, I would advise emergency contraception.

------------------
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cutie
Neophyte
Member # 4245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cutie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well i took the morning after pill.
i took the second dose at 11:30 pm.
i threw up at 2:30 am (3 hours after)and it felt like i was throwing up my lunch.
is there a possibility that i might have thrown up my second dose of pills??
also, i threw up 4 times in all. is that ok/normal?

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
throwing up is normal, and since it happened 3 hours after you took the pill, you should be fine. 3 hours is enough time for the hormones to be absorbed into your body.

------------------
May suffering and pestilence befall the %$@! who broke into my car.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mnm526
Neophyte
Member # 13275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mnm526     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am basically in the same position and i took the EC pill. how effective is the pill and should i still be worried about pregnancy risks?
Posts: 6 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.