Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » I need INFO now!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I need INFO now!!!
panda04
Neophyte
Member # 12869

Icon 9 posted      Profile for panda04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay here's my ordeal...me and my b/f have been having sex for about 10 months now and most of the time we are real careful (condoms and my BC) We've been scared of pregnancy a couple times before when he had unprotected sex but I was religiously taking my BC pills and I had either been on my period at the time or just getting off or on it. Well April 28 we had unprotected sex and he pulled out right before he came. But I also hadn't been on BC for over a week. I put on a BC patch later on that day but I've heard they really dont work anyways. I know pre-cum probably got in me and I'm in mid-cycle. So what do you suggest I do? Just wait to see if my period comes in a week or two? Please let me know!!!
Posts: 20 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
please don't yell at us. we're just saintly volunteers who do this for free.

what you should do is wait 10-14 days after this particular sexual encounter and take a home pregnancy test.

and in the future, spare yourself the torment and promise yourself that you'll never cut corners on your protection every again. also, tell your boyfriend the hell you've just gone thru and make him promise you the same thing.

------------------
Mmm ... crispy, delicious bacon.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
panda04
Neophyte
Member # 12869

Icon 12 posted      Profile for panda04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much Gumdrop....I wasn't meaning to yell at you...sorry if you took it that way. I really do appreciate your advice. I just have one more question...knowing my story what is the risk of a pregnancy??
Posts: 20 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your risk of pregnancy depends on when you ovulate and how quickly your body adjusted to the lack of hormones. There's really no way for us to know either of those things so as Gumdrop Girl said, a pregnancy test is an excellent idea.

Also, the patch truly does work for most women. If you've been using it for a while and have noticed no odd side effects (irregular bleeding for example) it's reasonable to expect it to be effective.

[This message has been edited by ookuotoe (edited 04-30-2003).]

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
panda04
Neophyte
Member # 12869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for panda04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks...I think I'll just wait for a while and see if my period comes. I just keep thinking about how God isn't going to keep on giving me second chances. I read my cervical mucus method chart and the day I had unprotected sex was on my 18th day...and the 17th day is suppose to be your most fertile day....so that is freaking me out a little.
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, there is no one day that is most fertile for everyone.

If YOU have been sharting your mucus for some time and YOUR most fertile day has been around then, okay. But if you;re using a chart that says that day is everyone's most fertile day, it's bunk.

As well, when the pill or patch are working, you are no longer ovulating, so charting is moot.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 67103 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
panda04
Neophyte
Member # 12869

Icon 5 posted      Profile for panda04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay I took a pg test yesterday and it was negative. my period is a few days late. i think the test was wrong because i had drank alot of water before it and i know you're not suppose to do that but i waited about a hour and took it. and today i felt like i had to throw up but i thought it might have been becuase I was hungary bit i ate and still felt bad. what should i do? take another test?? please help!
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes. take another test and this time, follow the directions. use the first urine of that day. it's most concentrated right when you wake up. and of course, it has to be 10-14 after the sexual encounter in question. and please try to relax. i know that's hard, but worrying is not gonna help you.

------------------
May suffering and pestilence befall the %$@! who broke into my car.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
panda04
Neophyte
Member # 12869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for panda04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks gumdrop for all your help....if I don't have my period tomorrow I'll take it wednesday morning. i'll keep ya posted
panda04
Neophyte
Member # 12869

Icon 5 posted      Profile for panda04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay I'm probably real annoying to you guys but I need to know what to do. I didn't get my period today and there is no sign of it. I have one more test because I bought one that has 2 in the pack. I was going to take it tomorrow morning but should I??? I would hate to waste another test because I have no more money to go guy other ones. Take it tomorrow or not???? Please let me know
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since it's been more than 14 since the incident in question, then yes, you can take the test, and if you follow the instructions properly, you'll get an accurate result.
Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
panda04
Neophyte
Member # 12869

thanks I'll let you know what happens. so if its negative tomorrow morning I should stop worrying???
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, if your pregnancy test comes out negative tomorrow as well, there is an extremely low chance that you could be pregnant.

So sit tight and wait for your period to come. If it still doesn't come on time, you might want to head to your medical practicioner for a more thorough pregnancy test then.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
panda04
Neophyte
Member # 12869

Icon 14 posted      Profile for panda04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Ladies!! I just wanted to let everyone know that I took the test again and it was negative then a few minutes later I started my period....so I'm scot free. Thanks again for all your advice and understanding!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.