Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » please help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: please help!
babytasa69
Activist
Member # 5595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babytasa69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi I recently had sex with my boyfriend and sometimes we dont use condoms and he pulls out yes i know that this is a very un safe way to have sex but we got tested together so i know all is well in the std deparetment. Well one day i was getting really scared so we bought condoms and we used them but than i started noticing that i was itching really badly and my vagina had a burning sensation while i urinated. the feeling was very very painful and i had to stop myself from urinating and i couldnt even walk it was also very very swollen and had bumps everywhere my boyfriend was quite shocked at what had happened. i also think that i may be pregnant and if i am i dont know what i would do and the first thing that comes to mind is suicide for some reason do you have any help lines that i may be able to reach? and what could this feeling be? thank you

------------------
ߥ~*~Ģūŕ sayz: any guy that can put up with me should get an award :)

Posts: 49 | From: Quebec Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First things first: if you think you're suicidal, get professional help. Immediately. Help lines can be useful, yes, but if you're actually suicidal, go to the emergency room and get in-person help, okay, luv?

Here's the number for a national suicide hotline: 1-800-784-2433.

To find out if you're pregnant, all you need to do is take a pregnancy test. Home tests are accurate as soon as 10 - 14 days after the sex which involved a pregnancy risk, but since you've been having unprotected sex for a while now, you should go ahead and take one test now, plus another in a week or so to confirm your result. If you are pregnant, Planned Parenthood is an excellent place to go -- they offer counciling that will help you figure out your best options. You can find a local clinic by going to their website at http://plannedparenthood.com, or by calling 1-800-230-PLAN.

The very next thing you need to do, if you're going to be sexually active and don't wish to become pregnant, is to get yourself some form of reliable contraception. As you already know, pulling out isn't a form of contraception at all, so you need to look into your options and figure out what will work best for you. This article will tell you about the choices available: Margaret Sangers Disneyland - An easy chart of your birth control options

As for what happened when you used a condom, it sounds like you had some sort of allergic reaction. Some people are allergic to latex, and that can cause the sort of reaction you described. One way to figure out if you're allergic to latex is to put a latex glove (or a condom, for that matter) over your hand for a while. If you start itching or burning, then you should see a doctor to confirm that you have an allergy, and of course, don't use latex condoms. There are a number of non-latex condoms available, and while they can be harder to find and more expensive, it can be worth the effort and extra cost. Durex and Trojan both make polyurethane condoms, and the female condom is also a non-latex condom.

Another possibility is that the irritation could have been caused by spermicide, if you were using spermicidal condoms. Spermicide is really harsh stuff, and often causes irritation and allergic reactions, so definitely don't use condoms with spermicide on them. Check the label and see if that might have been the case, and if so, be sure to use plain condoms the next time you have sex -- which, of course, shouldn't be until your body has recovered.

And lastly, hon, if the thought of being pregnant is causing you this much distress, you may want to sit down and give some thought to whether or not sex is something that's right for you at this time. Have you read some of our articles, like Ready or Not? The Readiness Checklist yet?

Good luck, hon.

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
panda04
Neophyte
Member # 12869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for panda04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey baby. Look girl I think I know what the problem might be....the condoms you used were latex right? And since you are sure you have no STD...maybe you were just allergic to the latex condoms? Thats what popped into my head when I read your post. Next thing...if your period is late...take a pregnancy test. I'd suggest saving your money and waiting at least a week after it is due...because if you take it too early...it wont be able to tell. Please don't think about suicide...its definatly not the right thing to do. If your having more problems dealing with these thoughts...maybe we could talk sometime. I hope I've helped.
Posts: 20 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Panda, we ask that only Advocates and Sexperts reply in this forum. Please feel free to contribute in the others though.

Also, pregnancy tests will be effective as soon as ten days after you had a risk, just as kythryne said.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.