Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Oral Sex - Pregnancy Risk?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Oral Sex - Pregnancy Risk?
abynow
Neophyte
Member # 12837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abynow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my girl friend and i had oral , and she swallowed my semen. She is a virgin, 23 years old. is there
any risk of her getting pregnant?

also, earlier we had slept beside each other naked, and i did not ejactulat and was totally dry,
while she had some wetness in her vaginal area. i did not try to enter her, and we covered our
genital areas with our hands when she came ont top of me. my penis did not enter her or touch her
opening, and she is still a virgin. is there any chance of her getting pregnant?

pls reply soon...
thanks
aby
(i am a guy)

Posts: 4 | From: Calcutta, West Bengal, India | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, there is no pregnancy risk from swallowing semen (there is an STD risk, though, which is why we recommend using a condom for oral sex).

And if your penis did not touch her vulva, then there is no risk from your sleeping next to each other. However, if you're going to have direct genital contact of any kind, we suggest using a condom.

Here are some articles you may find useful:

What's The Risk? - Five Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessment Flow Charts
Where DID I Come From? Human Reproduction
A Quickie STD/STI Risk Assessment

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abynow
Neophyte
Member # 12837

Icon 12 posted      Profile for abynow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank You for the prompt reply...

i'm currently not feeling very confident on my knowledge of the female anatomy, so please explain what you mean by vulva..do you mean the opening of the vaginal are, or the part deep inside.

i would like to remind you that my gf is a virgin...so is there a possibility of my having reached her vulva without beaking her hymen? (in any case, this time i did not even touch her 'opening' )

Thank you once again

aby

Posts: 4 | From: Calcutta, West Bengal, India | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Vulva" refers to all the external parts of the female genitals. Read all about it at Pink Parts Female Sexual Anatomy.

So no, the hymen (which is in the vaginal opening if it's present at all) won't prevent you from touching her vulva.

And if sperm (in ejaculate or pre-ejaculate) gets onto the vulva, it is possible for it to get into the vagina and for pregnancy to result even if there hasn't been any penetration - it's a lower risk than from intercourse, but it does exist.

Not all women who've never had sexual intercourse have intact hymens - some women are born without hymens, and many women's hymens get eroded by exercise, tampon use, etc.

Even when it hasn't been eroded at all, the hymen does not seal off the vagina completely (except in a few rare cases, where a doctor will need to snip it in order to let menstrual blood escape). So the hymen doesn't provide any protection against pregnancy at all.

Another article you may find helpful:

Magical Cups & Bloody Brides

(And check out New to Scarleteen? for a guide to the whole site and all the articles we have here ).

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abynow
Neophyte
Member # 12837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abynow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you...another doubt ( in case there are any faq's or articles in your site for this, pls refer them directly, and dont spend time re writing that info..! )

although u have reassuered me that chances of pregnancy are practically non existent, keeping in view the fact that we 'touched' each other on 17th april, and performed oral sex on 21st, when, and what symptoms, will be there in case of her concieving. her periods are due on 7th or 9tjh of may..

also, what ec /other measures do we have to take in case of the symptoms?

thanks for ur help

aby

logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Looking for "symptoms" is a completely unreliable way of telling of someone's pregnant or not:

Pregnancy "Symptoms" / Am I Pregnant?

If you and your girlfriend are worried, she can take a pregnancy test as soon as it's been 10-14 days since the last sexual activity.

From what you've said, the risk of pregnancy in this case is non-existent - there is no risk from swallowing semen or sleeping near each other - so there is no need to get emergency contraception.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.