Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Severe Chafing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Severe Chafing
Greekdude
Neophyte
Member # 12777

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Greekdude     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have had a chafe around the lower left part of skin under the head of my penis. I'm circumcised, and I'm a virgin. I use lotion too. Now the chafing has spread to sporadic places around the penis (i.e. ALL OVER!!!) and the sores sting when lotion is applied, so that makes for a cranky me. What I'm asking is what should I do, All I can think of is to go cold turkey for about a week, but that may not be long enough. And if it's not, I don't think I will be able to stand any longer!!! Is there some kind of "Penis Cream" to apply? And can I get it in a box clearly labeled "Not penis cream"? Thanks,

Chafing in FL

Posts: 3 | From: Pensacola, FL | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Know what? See your doctor.

Why? Because you want to make sure that what you aren't dealing with isn't a yeast infection -- which can produce the same symptoms, and will only get worse without treatment.

So, get in there before you try anything else and make sure it is just chafing, eh? And if it isn't a yeast infection, your doctor can help you find something to take care of it as well.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greekdude
Neophyte
Member # 12777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greekdude     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guys can get yeast infections? I'm a guy, am I allowed to be here?
Posts: 3 | From: Pensacola, FL | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Men and women both can get yeast infections.

In men, they're colloquially called "jock itch" sometimes. But spreading peeling or chafing is a common symptom of yeast infections.

And yes, you're allowed to be here. We have users of all genders at Scarleteen.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greekdude
Neophyte
Member # 12777

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Greekdude     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks,

I really appreciate it. You're cool, and you don't judge people. Thank you.

-Greekdude

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.