Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Risk?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Risk?
desert
Neophyte
Member # 10886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desert     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok yesterday night my gf and I were having sex when the condom fell off. I had not ejaculated and I noticed pretty much right away...should we get emergency contraception? And can i get it for her? I dont think she will be able to go do the doctor in the next 72 hours if we need it.

This has never happened to me before, and we are using the same condoms as before. THe condom was intact, but had slipped off into her vagina. I removed it... but it had been unprotected...

thanks for the help

Posts: 8 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From What's The Risk? - Five Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessment Flow Charts:

quote:
If you DID HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOUR CONDOM, such as breakage, then you have a MODERATE to HIGH RISK of pregnancy. See your health care provider as soon as possible for a pregnancy test/Morning After Pill and an STD screening.

It is possible that some doctors will be able to call in a prescription to a chemist and you can then go into the chemist and pick up the MAP but it really depends on the doctors in your area.

It honestly will not take too much time for your gf to go into a hospital to get a prescription so I wouls strongly suggest you ask her to.

You can contact the following numbers to find out where the nearest places you can get the MAP from.

1-888-NOT-2-LATE

1-800-230-PLAN

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desert
Neophyte
Member # 10886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desert     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well the problem is that we are pact members because her parents do not know. And she will not be able to get away from her parents in time. I am going to see about having her call the doctor (the pact one) and having her call in the perscription and then giving it to her tonight (48 hours)

Figures that she had to go off bc for one month this month *rolls eyes*

Thanks much

Posts: 8 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desert
Neophyte
Member # 10886

Well I have been trying to get it.. but the damned clinic we got to is closing earlier then ever before... so now we have to wait another day.. because my gf has to call to get the persciption... the local places blow... we cannot go sprint off to la.. because her mom would question that.... and no we cannot tell her mom... my mother knows.. but she is stuck in the same ruts as I am.. there is no one to call in the prescriptions.... we will be at 60 hours.. by the time she can take it if it works out... and if they dont we will not be able to get it (this happed last night and I have been working at this for a better part of my day after school)
So... any ideas... i mean would it be possible to use her patch (ortho evra) and use those to any effect... i mean its not using it as prescribed at all..

KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No...do NOT try using her patch as some sort of emergency contraception. It is NEVER a good idea to use a medication in a way other than as directed. And chances are, with the way the patch is designed, it won't work anyway.

Just keep trying to get the EC. It works best within the first 72 hours, so if she gets it at 60 hours it'll still have a good chance at working.

------------------
Sarah Liz
Scarleteen Sexpert (and Labia Lady)

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desert
Neophyte
Member # 10886

I we are going to try in the morning.. but thats it... if that doesnt work game over....
hopefully the risk is really low to begin with... *sighs*
Stupid lame valley i live in... bah!!!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.