Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » HELP!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HELP!
jellybelly083
Neophyte
Member # 12062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jellybelly083     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey...I have looked around for awhile trying to find the answer to my question but didnt really have any luck...ok so this might be a little gross but...the past few days I have been having "discomfort" down there...almost feeling like the onset of a yeast infection ... but not totally anyways this morning I went to the bathroom and I was wiping and I noticed that it hurt really bad in this one particular spot so I grabed the hand mirror to see what the problem was...and on the inside lip by where your pee hole is it looks like there are a few little cuts and there was some white stuff around which is more than likely just from sex last night and what not...! I dont knwo if yeast infections come with that kinda stuff cause Ive had one before but never with like almost cuts but bringing my boyfriend home a few nights ago I only had a flavored condom and we used that for sex...and not until the next day did I read on here they can give you yeast infections, also I shave but I dont think I cut myself doing that...just some posibilities wondering if I should be worried or if you have any clue what this could be?
Posts: 18 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jellybelly083
Neophyte
Member # 12062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jellybelly083     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
we used the banana condom because it was the only thing i had in my purse and im only on my first pack of pills which i just finished last night and we wanted to be safe just in case because I had spotting and we werent prepared if you were curious about the flavored condom thing, another thing could it be anything to do with my pill...its my first month and its ortho tri cyclin....
Posts: 18 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It could be possible that the cuts or tears came from fingering. Were your partner's nails neatly trimmed? Because fingernails which are too long can cause discomfort and alot of the times, small tears and cuts in and around the vaginal area.

Honestly, none of us here will be able to diagnose you over the internet so I would strongly advise you to see your medical practicioner as soon as possible for a more accurate diagnosis.

And if you don't already use latex gloves and lube during sexual activity like fingering, now would be as good a time as any to start thinking about it.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jellybelly083
Neophyte
Member # 12062

i used some vagisil which made it stop being itchy and bothersome, i was just wondering if it was maybe something i should be worried about but obviously it cant be that big of a deal as of right now anyways if cream is helping, if it continues im sure it will be necessary to see the gyno
jellybelly083
Neophyte
Member # 12062

i think i got to the bottom of it thanks for the help!
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well hon, just note that Vagisil can probably only stop the itching for you but if you indeed have some sort of infection, Vagisil will not be able to cure it for you.

In addition to that, some people can happen to be allergic to Vagisil because of its fragrancing agents and if you do have an infection, Vagisil could also further irritate the infection.

Thus, you would still be better off heading to your gyne and checking things out once and for all.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jellybelly083
Neophyte
Member # 12062

well...I figured out that it was not in fact an infection but a scratch like you first suggested, i posted before i talked to my boyfriend and last night we were drinking and messing around and I said I think you scratched me or I did it last night somehow and he said that he did and I even acknowledged it last night but seeings as though I was drinking I didnt recall it clearly but he remembers so its just some minor scratches thats sensative skin and the slighest things can irritate it, the vagisil is helping and i had it from the first time i had a yeast infection and didnt know what it was so i am in fact not allergic to it and i am pretty sure this whole thing turns out to be some minor "bumps and bruises" or scratches, if in fact they do not heal soon or quit hurting I will in fact head to the gyno but right now i see no reason to worry
jellybelly083
Neophyte
Member # 12062

his nails are nice and neatly trimmed and he wasnt fingering me its hard to explain but he wasnt fingering me we were having sex and he was just helping guide cause we were breaking my new car in and sometimes the back of those things are only soo big plus hes real tall, regardless thanks for the help and your concern
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do understand sweetie that scratches can lead to infections. That scratch gives bacteria and other bad stuff a perfect doorway into your body. Anything that was on the hands of the person that scratched you could have made their way in. Other germies can still get in there while you're healing.

You should be careful while you're healing. Hold off on any sexual activity until you're good as new. Make sure that you've washed your hands thoroughly before you touch that area. Keep it clean. And by all means, if it doesn't heal soon, or if it gets worse, head to your health care provider ASAP.

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Sexpert (and Labia Lady)

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jellybelly083
Neophyte
Member # 12062

hey thanks, i guess i didnt really think too much about the bacteria and other things but I will be real careful and if it doesnt heal soon or stop being a bother I will definitely get to the gyno thanks
jellybelly083
Neophyte
Member # 12062

hey just thought i would let you all know that it was minor "bumps and bruises" and I am all healed up and back ready for action thanks for the helP!!!!!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.