Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Oral sex preg. risks

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Oral sex preg. risks
animegirl
Activist
Member # 11252

Icon 4 posted      Profile for animegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I were in the shower, and I was performing oral sex on him. We kissed several times, and then about 30 minutes later, he performed oral sex on me. I didnt think anything of it because I thought that oral sex was pregnancy risk free. I was looking at the flow chart, and saw that there may be a LOW risk. He didnt ejaculate while I was giving him oral sex, and had not ejaculated since 2 days before the incedent, I am only worried about his pre-cum (which brings up the sperm in pre-cum after urinating thing that I have asked about before). I was wondering if because of these different factors, do I still have a good chance of pregnancy?

------------------
To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.

Posts: 49 | From: Florida baby!! | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sperm can only survive outside the body for 20 minutes or so, so based on what you've said here, I think you really don't need to worry about pregnancy.

However, unprotected oral sex does create a risk for STD transmission.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
animegirl
Activist
Member # 11252

Icon 5 posted      Profile for animegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would pre-cum in a person's mouth be considered "outside the body"?
Posts: 49 | From: Florida baby!! | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.scarleteen.com/reproduction/preg_risk_oral.html No, it would not but it sounds like your risk is pretty low.

Hon, you seem very concerned with pre-ejaculate but you don't seem to be taking safer sex precautions. Really, using things like condoms, dental dams, and gloves can do wonders for your peace of mind. Why not check out these articles and give some thought to how ready you are to be sexually active?

Ready or Not? –The Readiness Checklist
Safe, Sound & Sexy – A Safer Sex How-To
Margaret Sanger’s Disneyland - An easy chart of your birth control options
A Quickie STD/STI Risk Assessment
Does Abstinence make the Heart Grow Fonder? (particularly pages 3-5)

Also, here are the posts I'm basing this on: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum2/HTML/003267.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum28/HTML/000146.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum28/HTML/000310.html -- You might want to read over what you said here.
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum28/HTML/000207.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum28/HTML/000252.html

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
animegirl
Activist
Member # 11252

Icon 14 posted      Profile for animegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I talked about it, and I told him I want to hold off from doing anything sexual for a while. PLUS, I told him when we do start fooling around again, I want him to use a condom. I am sick of worrying all the time! Thank you all for helping me see how foolish I was being for not doing this sooner.

With that done and over with, all I have to worry about is getting my period tomorrow. I am still very nervous about the oral sex = pregnancy risks.

------------------

animegirl
Activist
Member # 11252

Icon 5 posted      Profile for animegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, just a question, did what logic girl said (about the precum being outside the body) apply to my situation?

------------------

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While your mouth is still considered "inside" your body, it does not directly connect to the reproductive tract. I think you're not quite hearing us. Ook stated that by the flowchart, you have a very low risk of pregnancy. HOWEVER, you have to be careful about STDs; because you didn't use condoms, your STD risk is high.

So in short: preg? not likely at all? STDs/ yes, it could very well happen to you.
Make sure to insist on the use of condoms and safer sex supplies during ALL sexual acts. It's not just health, it's respect for your body and the choices you make. So insist on the rubbers.

------------------
Mmm ... crispy, delicious bacon.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 14 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, nice to hear you're making healthy decisions for yourself.
Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
animegirl
Activist
Member # 11252

Icon 7 posted      Profile for animegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you! I am never going to practice unsafe methods again! I'm sick of being scared and holding my breath until I get my period (LIKE I AM NOW- even though everyone says my chances of pregnancy are slim)....

------------------

animegirl
Activist
Member # 11252

Icon 9 posted      Profile for animegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I havent gotten my period.... I was pretty sure that it was suppose to come today... but maybe it is suppose to come tomorrow. I am really scared, but I feel like a little crampy. Is it normal for a girl (who has had her period for 4 years) to have her cycle vary a day or two? What do you guys think of this?

------------------

lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 3 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
definitely normal, especially if you figure by calendar dates. it's actually pretty unusual to have a 'perfect' 28-day cycle anyway. just try not to stress out about it, though I know it's hard, because it can delay your period.

------------------
Laurel Lemming
Scarleteen Advocate

"Maypole/The ties that bind you will unwind/To free me one day/And everything decays..." - XTC, "The Wheel and the Maypole"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
animegirl
Activist
Member # 11252

So, youre still saying that I shouldnt worry about pregnancy- its an extremely tiny chance? (Im REALLY sorry for being so scared... I'm never doing this unprotected again)

------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.