Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » PLEASE HELP IM SCARED!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PLEASE HELP IM SCARED!!
Curious_Girl101
Neophyte
Member # 7903

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Curious_Girl101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okay, lets start for the beginning here (im on my period), about 3 days ago,i noticed that my inner thighs started hurting, from my underwear, i dont know why suddendly they are tight, my mom said it could be cause of bloating. I was wearing th ongs at the time, so ichanged to more comfortable underwear, and a day went buy and it started getting really red, and hurt.. But no matter what underwear i wore, it was doing the same thing. I started getting reallly "hot" down there, and then i got really itchy, i also noticed that the back of my legs were itchy too, then etoday when i wa sabout the hop in the shower, i notice, a rash down there, a little bit of white crust on the sides of my vagina, also between my thighs, is red bumps (with black dot on them) (kinda look like zits), most of them are along the line, where it sstarted getting sore .,and some of them a little aways on my buttox, and back of leg. they hurt now, and whenver iwalk my leg, betweehn my thigh (bikini line?), hurts alot , feels like a pulled muscle type feeling. PLEASE HELP, im reeally scared and panicky

p.s im still a virgin thought iv done everything else with my b.f

[This message has been edited by Curious_Girl101 (edited 04-02-2003).]

Posts: 21 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi curious,

I recommend that you head straight to your GP or gnyecologist to have your rash, discharge and "pimples" checked out.
Your symptoms might indicate that you have a yeast infection and boils - both can happen frequently to women who are menstruating. So don't panic, but do see your doc to get this checked out and treated.

Until you get to your doc, wear loose comfortable cotton underwear and use plain cotton pads, i.e. without scent or dye.

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

Spike: Well, I'm not good and I'm okay.

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curious_Girl101
Neophyte
Member # 7903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curious_Girl101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im too scared to go to the doctors, i vnever been to the doctor before to look at that.. My mom sa id i shouldnt worry shes had it before, she said i should wait and see if it goes away.. its so hard cause, all my pants are tight, and mostly all my underwear are thogns..

Posts: 21 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd wear a skirt and go without underwear when you're at home. And honestly, there's nothin to be afraid of. Mississauga has walk-in clinics and hospitals with emergency rooms, choose one from your phone book (I'd suggest the latter), and just get it taken care of, so you can put your mind at ease.

------------------
Milke, with an L, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP

Sink, swim, go down with the ship, but use your freedom of choice!

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Curious_Girl101:
Im too scared to go to the doctors, i vnever been to the doctor before to look at that..

With "that" you mean your genitals?
Docs look at all kinds of body parts, including genitals, all the time, and to your doc, your genitals or your bum are the same as your elbow or ear.
While it can be uncomfortable if you've never had a doc examine your genitals or lower body, just like any new examination that you're not sure about can be uncomfortable, there is nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about. - If you tell your doc that you're insecure about the examination, and that it's a first time examination for you, I am pretty sure (s)he will be extra diligent in making you as comfortable as possible.

quote:
My mom said i shouldnt worry shes had it before, she said i should wait and see if it goes away.

I have to disagree with your mom here: if you are as uncomfortable and in pain as you write here, you need to see a doc, and do so soon. No debate. Some Infections don't go away by themselves, and need to be looked at. - If it turns out to be minor in the end, fine. I'd rather have something checked and be told it was harmless, then missing something more serious.

You don't have any fever, do you?

quote:

its so hard cause, all my pants are tight, and mostly all my underwear are thogns..

Milke gave you some sound advice here. It might also be worth to invest in some plain old cotton undies in the future. While thongs are quite practical, they have the big disadvantage that they can aggrevate infections, because they can make it easier for bacteria from your anus to move to your vagina and cause infection. For now, don't wear them.

Please see your doc or if you don't have one by all means follow Milke's advice on Walk-In clinics. Tell the person who treats you that you are menstruating and show the rash and the pimples and describe the discharge. And please do that tomorrow morning.

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

Spike: Well, I'm not good and I'm okay.

[This message has been edited by Alaska (edited 04-03-2003).]

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curious_Girl101
Neophyte
Member # 7903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curious_Girl101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well its been another day, i think its going away, pain is lessened, the red marks are slowly healing, but tehres this white crust, like white flakes, in one area.. . Ugh, i didnt feel well toda y (just a lil cramp and stomach ache) and theres really bad weather so i didn twant to leave the house...if there is no improvement b y tommorow im going to the doctors
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're going to need to start getting annual GYN exams at your life soon anyway, honey. So it sounds to me like now'd be a perfectly fine time to start.

Might want to have a look at this for some comfort and info: Your First Gynecologist Visit

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.