Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pregnant?
roses
Neophyte
Member # 12442

Icon 9 posted      Profile for roses     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi
i had been on diane-35 for 2 yrs as treatment for single ovarian cyst.I took the last pill-cycle in december-2003.I had normal periods in last week of jan( sometime 20-28 jan)(after 1 full cycle of diane had been skipped).
then i had unprotected sex with my bf on jan 30 and feb 6.he ejaculated outside my body on both occasions.
i had periods in feb at normal expected date.however,they were 1)-little lighter than usual, 2)- went on for 7-8 days....bcoz it was like..i had spotting for 1 day...no bleeding the next day...painless bleeding the next 1 1/2 days......no bleeding for 1 day........bleeding for 1 day...like that

in normal periods also while takin th epill...i usually have bleeding for 2 days n then it stops for a day n resumes for 1 day.usually my periods r painless n the flow is also normal.not heavy..pretty light

the problem now is...i missed my march periods
and i m worried about being pregnant
ques asked.........
1) he dint ejaculate in my vagina....no contact with semen after that
2) been on pill for 2 yrs.......i think i was in that period wen i still cudnt conceive bcoz of the after-pill effect
3) had a period in between sex and now but missed the 1 supposed 2 happen now
4) i have NO other symptoms of pregnancy

am i pregnant or m i clean
pls give as accurate an ans as possible as it'll b very difficult for me 2 contact a doc
also i have read after i stop takin the diane pill.i cannot conceive for around 2-3 months atleast n i might also skip some periods...but keep in mind i had 2 normal periods after stoppin the pilln i have missed the 3rd 1

pls reply early

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi roses,

I strongly recommend that you take a pregnancy test now. This will help you much better than any further speculation on your fertility.

Fact is, you had high risk unprotected sex. It does not that your partner did not ejaculate inside you: before ejaculation there is pre-ejaculate, which can cause pregnancy just as well.
Also, the bleeding you experienced between now and the unprotected sex was not as you had expected it to be. While it's to be expected that your cycles are a bit erratic after stopping the pull, and bleeding can be very different from what you were used to during the pill, the fact this bleeding was light and more "spotting", does not rule out pregnancy, either.

So yes, you could be pregnant.

Not having any "symptoms" of pregnancy matters little, too. Most "symptoms" such as frequent urination, sensitive breasts or vomiting do not occur until later in pregnancy. You do have a primary sign of pregnancy though: a late period.

While the pill can influence fertility after stopping it, it's not an effect one should ever rely on. You are only protected from pregnancy while you take the pill, not after you stopped taking it.

So take a test now, yes?

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

Spike: Well, I'm not good and I'm okay.

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.