Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » umm...???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: umm...???
dancechick16
Neophyte
Member # 11943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dancechick16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok. my boyfriend and i had sex on saturday and then sunday monday and now tuesday i have been feeling a kind of itchy burning feeling "down there". what does this mean? it is not an STD we have both been checked, together.
Posts: 26 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi dancechick,

MizScarlet replied to your similar question in Ask Scarleteen yesterday.

If it's still itching and burning right now, it's unlikely that it's still an alergic reaction to your condoms. I'd head to the doc and have myself checked out - like Heather wrote: it could be a bacterial infection. It can be diagnosed quickly, and treated equally quickly, too.

Again, like Heather posted, STI testing with negative results just means that neither of you HAD an STI that was detected at the time of that testing.
It does not mean you or he may not contract one afterwards, nor is it a 100% guaranteed result.

So head to the doc and get this looked at.

In the future, please do not post the same question twice. If you still have a question after your initial post has been answered, post a follow up. Do not post the same question again somewhere else: Most of the time will all give you the same answers anyway. Thank you.

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

Spike: Well, I'm not good and I'm okay.

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dancechick16
Neophyte
Member # 11943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dancechick16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi. im sorry about posting 2 times. i couldnt figure out how to reply in the other section thing. anyways, what is a bacterial infection? what is it caused by? if i had my mom take me to the doctor would the doctor know it was from having sex? or could anything cause a bacterial infection. also, do you have any tips on how i should go about getting a second form of birth control (the pill or patch or something). ill mention things about the gyno to my mom and she always says, "you dont need to go till your 18" and stuff like that. anyways, just wondering
Posts: 26 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a bacterial infection is caused by bacteria. these one-celled microorganisms find a happy home in some place in your body and start growing and reproducing, wreaking havoc on their surroundings. Your body's immune system tries to fight them off, sending out big white blood cells to eat up the bacteria. this take a bit of time and lot of neergy, and sometimes, there are just too many bacteria and the system gets overwhelmed.

In the case of a bacterial infection of the vagina, the bad bacteria set up camp in there and grow. if they get out of hand, they can cause a lot of damage to your body.

When you see your doctor, he/she will not be able to conclude that you got the infection by having sex. Infections like these can result simply by wiping the wrong way when you go to the bathroom. HOWEVER, it is your responsibility to tell your doctor that you are sexually active. your doc is held to confidentiality, so no, he/she own't tell your mom anything. It is important that you tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth to your doc so he/she can treat you correctly.

------------------
Qu es el dealio?

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.