Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Another precum Q :(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another precum Q :(
jels
Neophyte
Member # 12413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've read a lot of the other precum causing pregnancy threads, but I've been losing sleep over the past night because I'm not sure what to believe in my situation.
Two nights ago my bf and I were having manual sex. Our clothes stayed on the whole time, and we were "acessing" each other through the waistband/fly. After a while i felt some precum on my fingers, and I pulled my hand out from his pants and sort of wiped it on his stomach. My finger felt quite dry, it wasnt dripping wet with precum. But this is where my dilemma is: he promises me that he didnt touch any of his precum, which i dont think he did either. But what if I touched my stomach a few minutes after wiping my hand on his stomach, and he touched that part of my stomach with HIS hand, and then used that hand to continue simtulating my vagina? His fingers never went into me, but they were rubbing at the opening to my vagina. I know he hadn't masturbated before we had manual sex, and I know he went to the bathroom to pee just hours before. If he didn't touch the precum on his penis, what are the chances I could be pregnant if a little got smeared on my stomach (from my own hand), and then he touched that part of my stomach and reached down thru my panties to stimulte me again? Would the sperm live that long after being wiped on his stomach - my stomach - and possibly clothing? I should also add that part from precum, my boyfriend did not ejaculate at all.

It was the first time I've ever done anything sexual, and today I feel kind of funny "down there". But I think this might be just psychological, or because it was my first time being touched down there by a guy. I'm scared I'm going to worry myself so much that I'm going to skip my next period (which is due in 2 weeks), which will make me panic even more about being pregnant.

[This message has been edited by jels (edited 03-30-2003).]

Posts: 15 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi jels,

check out What's The Risk? - Five Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessment Flow Charts:

quote:
If your fingers or hands came into contact with pre-ejaculate (pre-cum) or semen (ejaculate, "cum"), either your own or your partner's, did you touch your female partner's genitals or insert your finger(s) into her vagina (or touch your own genitals/insert your finger(s) into your vagina if you are female) after wiping your hands off, but without washing them?

If you DID touch your or your partner's vulva or genitals after only WIPING pre-ejaculate or semen off of your hands, but without washing them thoroughly, you have LOW to MODERATE risk of pregnancy. See your health care provider for a pregnancy test and an STD screening.

So if you or your boyfriend had preejaculate on your hands when getting in touch with your genitals, you had a low to moderate pregnancy risk.
If none of you touched your genitals after getting in touch with preejaculate, you didn't have a pregnancy risk.

FYI: Sperm can survive on hands, stomachs or sheets for 20-30 minutes max.

I'd recommend that you relax and simply wait for your period to arrive, and if it doesn't arrive as expected, to take a pregnancy test.

In the future, using latex gloves and lube for manual sex and changing them before you touch yourself, can help prevent incidents like this one, and make it all feel better, too.
Now that you're sexually active, it might also be a good idea to think about a reliable method of birth control. For info on your choices, check out: Margaret Sanger’s Disneyland - An easy chart of your birth control options. If you are this worried about pregnancy and do not want to get pregnant, birth control is essential for all kinds of sex.

Hope this answers your questions.

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

Spike: Well, I'm not good and I'm okay.

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.