Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Pimples or herpes???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pimples or herpes???
TLHastings
Activist
Member # 11421

Icon 5 posted      Profile for TLHastings     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been having a lot of vaginal problems lately. first i had a UTI and i went to the doc and he gave me meds...then i came back to get the urine tested again, the test came back there was still bacteria in it. so i had to get a pap smear and pelvic exam, the results came back all negative and ok...the doc said that my vaginal bacteria was just messed up. i also had white bumps all over my vagina and itching, he said it was a yeast infection...i used the cream and the itching when away..but the white bumps didnt. i went back again, and he looked at the bumps adn said that they are totally normal but they can get infected and may spread in the vaginal area.

now i think the yeast infection came back ( a month after the other) and i used the cream and the itching is now gone again...yet now there are pimple like bumps all over my vagina. i am really scared that they maybe herpes or something, yet i had sex 3 months ago, and he and i both were virgins. i also do shave my pubic area...and after that a few days later the first 'pimple' appeared, now after that several have appeared al over my vaginal area...on where my pubic hair would be and on my outter vaginal lips. I am so scared...Please do u think this could be normal or something else?????/

Also, i just looked in the mirror, and in the very back of my tounge when i stick it out all the way, i see two round pinkish lumps on each side of my tounge, left and right...directly across from ea. other. i am now scared that they mite be herpes or something too....yet i have only had oral sex with one person, 3 months ago, and he and i were virgins at the time...and we are engaged to be married.

i am very scared that it might be something like an std or something bad.

please can you tell me, what do u think it is.....or am i just worrying myself to death?

thanks so much!

Posts: 41 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like it's time to get back to the doctor.

It's not a good idea to self diagnose ... never is. Even if you think you know what's up, doctors go to school for a long time to know this stuff ... Let them do their jobs

The bumps could be from a number of things, including shaving. Right now, leave the razor alone and let your pubic area breath. It's also a good idea not to treat something when you're not sure what it is you're treating ... especially w/ prescription drugs.

Just to add ... being a virgin and being engaged to be married doesn't mean you or your fiance doesn't or can't have an STD. Which is why it's SUPER important to be checked yearly, and use condoms (every single time!) if you wish to prevent STD/STI transmission.

Some articles you may find interesting; http://www.scarleteen.com/infection/condom.html http://www.scarleteen.com/infection/testing.html http://www.scarleteen.com/infection/herpes.html http://www.scarleteen.com/infection/hpv_2.html

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nielle
Neophyte
Member # 12627

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nielle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to let you know, those bumps on the back of your tongue are normal, not herpies
Posts: 2 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 4 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
true, nielle, they may indeed be those funny bumps everyone has on the back of their tongue, but please notice that only Advocates and Sexperts are to reply to topics in the Emergencies and Crises forum.

thanks. ;]

------------------
Laurel Lemming
Scarleteen Advocate

"Maypole/The ties that bind you will unwind/To free me one day/And everything decays..." - XTC, "The Wheel and the Maypole"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.