Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Ahhh..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ahhh..
Surf Chicklet
Activist
Member # 11403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Surf Chicklet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, I'm just about tearing my hair out here.

I asked my mom about counciling, or some sort of therepy. She said not to worry about it (wow..me..not worry?! wrong wrong wrong..) And then I persisted, I told her about the door locking, and everything else. I know this isn't Scarleteen's area of expertise but I thought I'd update since I was helped a great deal last time.
Also, could you please tell me if I even had any *remote risk* of pregnancy? I dont even know, I'm almost positive 'no', but I figured I'd check before I called myself crazy for sweating it.
a.) I held (a guys) hand..he had just washed his hands like a 1/2 hour back and to my knowledge didnt touch himself or anything. Then I went to the bathroom, where I touched my inner thiegh area.
b.) There have been various occasions where I have (in going to the bathroom) touched my vaginal opening breifly without washing my hands first.
Wow..writing that down just made me realize that this is not something I need to be worrying about. I'm very sorry, thanks for any help in advance.

Posts: 59 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Still in the middle of a move, so not back on duty yet, but saw this, Chicklet, and din't want you to have to sit.)

No, you have no risk of pregnancy.

You do have a chance at a much more normal, relaxed life though, likely with just therapy or even just medication.

I'd see if you can't get your Mom some literature on OCD. Maybe print out some of those pages I sent you to. Really, I'd hate for you to have to wait until you leave home to have a manageable, productive and happier day-to-day life, love.

What state and city are you in? We could perhaps find you a free resource you could get started on your own with.

Don't be sorry -- your paranoia about this may well be something you can't control (you know logcially it's not possible, but if you're looking at OCD or the like, that just doesn't matter) on your own, or by knowing better. So, let's work on finding you a solution. They're out there.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 67933 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Surf Chicklet
Activist
Member # 11403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Surf Chicklet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank You Very Much. I printed out some things about OCD and I plan to show them to my mother. I might ask my father about it too. My period is late, I have no idea why..could it be worrying? I know stress does a lot to your body and I'm thinking it could be that. I hope so. Thanks Again.
Posts: 59 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.