Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » risk of getting pregnant??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: risk of getting pregnant??
maniacz
Activist
Member # 3217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maniacz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i did a very stupid thing to day, having intercousre without protection, which is the fifth day after her mens, i think i eject alittle bit in her, i told her to get ecp, but she dun want, so wat is the risk of her getting pregnant, and does going through abortion lower the risk of pregnancy???
Posts: 46 | From: singapore | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Abortion is the surgical termination of a pregnancy. It does not lower the risk, because a woman has to be ppregnant to have an abortion.

In case you're asking if having aborted before lowers your risk of conceiving afterwards, the answer is no, it does not.

ECP is NOT abortion, for the record.

Withdrawal is also not birth control. Pre-ejaculate and ejaculate create pregnancies.

If she doesn't want to get ECP, that is her choice. If she is not prepared to handle a pregnancy, or does not want one, I'd certainly suggest she does, but at this point, because of the choice you made and she apparently agreed to (not using a condom and/or birth control), she gets to decide what she wants to do, period.

Which means that you may possibly become a daddy. Again, that's the way this goes when that's the choice you make, honey.

I'd suggest you both talk about this together further, as may be obvious.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maniacz
Activist
Member # 3217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maniacz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
7 days after mens is safe period rite?
Posts: 46 | From: singapore | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is no time it is safe to have unprotected sex. Unless your partner has regular periods and has been charting her cervical mucus and basal body temperature there is no way to know when she ovulates.

I'm sorry I can't tell you anything different. Please reread Miz Scarlet's post and talk to your partner. The two of you need to discuss how you plan to handle your current situation (at risk for both pregnancy and STD/STIs) and where to go from here. If it turns out she is not pregnant you'll want to discuss condoms and back-up methods of birth control such as the patch or Depo.

Good luck; please keep us informed.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(And FYI, in women with regular cycles, 7 days after menstruation is very much NOT safe, as it is a time some women will be becoming MOST fertile -- remember that sperm can live in the vagina for as long as five to seven days)

------------------
Heather Corinna

-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maniacz
Activist
Member # 3217

i manage to persuade her to get ecp, but where can i get it in singapore...pharmacy?
Heather
Member # 3

You can't get it for her, she has to get the prescription herself.

I don't know how the health care system works there, so I suggest you or she call a local hospital and ask how to obtain it.

------------------
Heather Corinna

-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.