Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » quick question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: quick question
totallydazed01
Neophyte
Member # 11852

Icon 1 posted      Profile for totallydazed01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
about 2 weeks ago i had unprotected sex with the pull out method.(the 14th) I was wondering if you dont have ur period for 4 days and u have things like muscle soreness and stomach hurting and stuff but not puking just feel like your going to.. if that could be a symptom of pregnancy?
thanks for your help i really appriciate it

------------------
~Female 16

Posts: 8 | From: Illinois | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed, if your period is 4 days late and you had unprotected sex using withdrawal 2 weeks ago (which is not a method of birth control), you could ineed be pregnant: a late period is often the first syptom of a pregnancy.

I recommend that instead of looking at your body for further clues of pregnancy -this is not only highly unreliable, it's also just not good for one's sanity- you simply take a pregnancy test immediately. - You'll know for sure within 5 minutes and can then take it from there.

Also, no matter what the result of the pregancy test, because you had unprotected sex, you will also need to get an STD screen.

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

Spike: (In response to being asked to fight a troll) "I would, but I'm paralyzed with not caring very much."

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
totallydazed01
Neophyte
Member # 11852

Icon 1 posted      Profile for totallydazed01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, im gettin a test tomorrow i just wanted to know if those things meant ne thing. im really worried i know i made a mistake and trust me it will never happen again.
thanks for all your help u guys work wonders!

and im suppose to ask you for a friend if she had sex and didnt pull out or ne thing and it was about a week and a half ago or a week i dont remember but if she took the EC pill would it help n e at all or if she was preg would it harm the baby?

Posts: 8 | From: Illinois | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if she took EC, she was supposed to have taken a pregnancy test with it. You *cannot* use emergency contraception if you are pregnant.

your friend needs to take a home preg test now (it's been long enough) if she wants to know for sure if she's preg. or not.

------------------
Universal Law #4721: Any joke can be made funnier with the word "goatf**ker." Corollary, any story can be made more entertaining by adding a few ninjas.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 3 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just for the record, pulling out is not safe, neither is it birth control, and it won't protect you from STDs/STIs.

Pre-ejaculate ("pre-cum") can make you pregnant, and STDs and STIs don't require orgasm to be transmitted.

You and your partner both need to consider yourselves to have had a significant risk of STD exposure, and should both see about getting tested ASAP.

In the meantime, use some condoms! That means for the entire duration of sexual contact.

Safe, Sound & Sexy – A Safer Sex How-To
Margaret Sanger’s Disneyland - An easy chart of your birth control options
Testing, Testing…
A Simple Condom Primer

------------------
Laurel Lemming
Scarleteen Advocate

"Maypole/The ties that bind you will unwind/To free me one day/And everything decays..." - XTC, "The Wheel and the Maypole"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
totallydazed01
Neophyte
Member # 11852

Icon 12 posted      Profile for totallydazed01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took a test today.. it was NEG
im not preg but im still almost 6 days late?
kinda worrys me still.. i will take another in what about a week? If i havent started

Thanks SOO much for everything

i told my friend not to get EC if she was preg and she asked why would it kill the baby..i dont know she is suppose to go to PP tomorrow i think? im not sure

UR WONDERFUL THanks!

------------------
~Female 16

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She'd not want to do that for the same reasons women should not continue oral contraceptives when pregnant: it can damage the fetus.

To boot, emergnecy contraception can only work BEFORE conception: there's no sense in taking it if conception has occurred, because it won't work -- it doesn't create a miscarriage, it prevents conception. That's only confusing if you think conception happens immediately with intercourse, which it doesn't usually.

They should explain this to her at PP.

In terms of your risk, yes, if you still don't have your period in a week I'd suggest another test. Of course, you could also GO to PP with your friend tomorrow and get a blood test done there.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 67118 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.