Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » uh-oh!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: uh-oh!
pocketprnces
Neophyte
Member # 11691

Icon 11 posted      Profile for pocketprnces     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yikes! okay so me and my boyfriend have had sex a couple times without a condom, the sex was spur of the moment and theyre wasnt one around for miles. he told me he would pull out but that didnt make me feel much better since my best friend got pregnant even though her boyfriend pulled out. well anyway we had sex without the condom and him pulling out : / it's been over 24 hours and too late for me to take the morning after pill. and i cant really talk to him about it since he says he doesnt want a kid right now. but he promised me he would take care of the kid if i ever did get pregnant. that made me feel a little better, but now i have to tell my mom about the possibility i might be pregnant with my 21 year old boyfriend! im only 15 !!! my mom really likes my boyfriend and im pretty sure she knows were having sex. i dont think she'll be mad at me, just disappionted! help!!

------------------
~~*PocketPrnces*~~

Posts: 7 | From: dayton, ohio, united states | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have 72 hours to take the Emergency Contraception Pill, and have it work its best, but it is possible to take it after that time, and have a chance of it working. And STOP having sex, go get an STI screen, talk to a doctor or gynecologist about possibly using hormonal birth control (pills, patch, shot), get a gross of condoms, face up to the idea that having sex means you do have a pregnancy and disease risk, and what that means to you (a lot more than just having to tell your mum), and when you've done all those things again, and are completely comfortable with the idea of what being responsible about sex means, you can think about becoming sexually active again.

I'd suggest you have a good, thorough look through all the articles on this site while you're at it, too.

------------------
Milke, with an L, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP

Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost
Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First of all, it is NOT too late to get emergency contraception (ie. morning after pill). EC is the most effective if taken within the first 72 hours after the incident. So get yourself to a clinic or emergency room ASAP.

You'll also need STD testing, as will your boyfriend.

I'd also suggest that you make it a new policy to say NO to spur of the moment condomless sex. It's not safe, as you know. Frankly, if your partner doesn't want a kid right now, then he should be taking responsibility too. If he doesn't want a kid right now, then it's also his responsibility to make sure the two of you are protected. And as to not being able to talk to him about it...if you can't talk to him about sex and its potential risks, then you probably have no business being sexually active with this person. Not wanting a baby or an STD doesn't mean you won't end up with one, especially if you're not taking adequate precautions.

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Sexpert (and Labia Lady)

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pocketprnces
Neophyte
Member # 11691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pocketprnces     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks so much for your help!
Posts: 7 | From: dayton, ohio, united states | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.