Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Genital Warts:HELP

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Genital Warts:HELP
Cutechick235
Neophyte
Member # 11915

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Cutechick235     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
since two days ago my vagina has been very sore and red, I thought I just had thrush so I went and bought some cream. It doesn't hurt so much anymore but I found that I have about 5 small flesh coloured lumps just under my vulva, they don't hurt or itch or anything.
Please could you tell me if you think they might be warts or could they be something else, like some kind of rash. Couid it go away on its own after the thrush clears up? I really don't want to go to the Family Planning Clinic because I have already been for 2 pregnancy tests and a morning after pill. I have only had sex about 10 times over the past 2 years with 3 differnt partners but each time something goes wrong, God I hate sex.
Thank you for any help or advice you can offer me.

Posts: 4 | From: Wales | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We can't diagnose anything online. You definitely need to go see a doctor -- don't worry, they really aren't judging you.

Also, keep in mind it's possible you don't actually have a yeast infection and are treating yourself for it anyway -- a very bad idea.

If you hate sex seriously consider taking a break from it. Truly, there's no point in being sexually active if it's causing this much conflict for you.

I think these articles will be helpful:
STI File: Human Papilloma Virus (HPV, Warts)
A Simple Condom Primer
The FBI Files: Yeast Infections
Ready or Not? The Readiness Checklist

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.