Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Manual sex pregnancy?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Manual sex pregnancy?
asiansensatiion
Neophyte
Member # 10316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for asiansensatiion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a

[This message has been edited by asiansensatiion (edited 02-25-2003).]

Posts: 8 | From: chicago, illinois, usa | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
dude, please chill. when we have an answer for you, we'll reply. but don't keep posting the same thing over and over. it doesn't help and only makes some folks irritated.

------------------
Universal Law #4721: Any joke can be made funnier with the word "goatf**ker." Corollary, any story can be made more entertaining by adding a few ninjas.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asiansensatiion
Neophyte
Member # 10316

Icon 11 posted      Profile for asiansensatiion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A

Posts: 8 | From: chicago, illinois, usa | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey man, no prob. some answers take more time than others

well, if your hands were dry when you touched her, she should be okay. but if you are still concerned, you can go to the emergency room or Planned Parenthood (1.800.800.PLAN) and get emergency contraception. Also, your girlfriend can take a home pregnancy test 10-14 days following the incident in question.

now, from now on so you'll not need to worry like this again, you can use rubber gloves for manual sex. with water-based lube. that way, when you take off the gloves and clean off, your hands won't have any semen on them. or you can use a condom during manual sex.

check out these fine articles:
What's The Risk? - Five Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessment Flow Charts
Safe, Sound & Sexy ? A Safer Sex How-To

------------------
Universal Law #4721: Any joke can be made funnier with the word "goatf**ker." Corollary, any story can be made more entertaining by adding a few ninjas.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asiansensatiion
Neophyte
Member # 10316

Icon 5 posted      Profile for asiansensatiion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a

alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

We can't get any more specific with pregnancy risks then the "low to moderate" that found in the Pregnancy Risk chart. Reason for that is, that there are just too many variables all round, and it would not only be impossible, but also unethical to outright say "oh i am sure your risk was lower than that because of xyz" or say "i'm sorry you're pregnant". No one here is psychic, after all - but we can give estimates, and that's what you find in the chart.

Like gummy, I'd recommend that if you two want to minimise your risk as best as possible, your partner should get emergency contraception.

Also, do as Gummy suggested and start practising Safer Sex. You'll also both need an STD screen, too. Also give a thought or two to getting reliable contraception to minimise your pregnancy risk. You wrote that your galpal just recently ran a risk with someone else - if she currently has a late period, she has to mention it when getting ec, they will do a pregnancy test anyway, because you can not take emergency contraception when you are already pregnant. Start up some healthy habits for both of you, now.

On another note: you mentioned your partner was "dry". - While it's quite normal to sometimes run a dry spell during sexual activity (depending on what time in your cycle one is for example), make sure that you'll start using lube at all times (like gummy suggested). It will make everything feel a whole lot better for her.

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

Spike: (In response to being asked to fight a troll) "I would, but I'm paralyzed with not caring very much."

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asiansensatiion
Neophyte
Member # 10316

Icon 5 posted      Profile for asiansensatiion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A

alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi sensation,

check out our article Emergency Contraception and visit Not 2 Late: Emergency Contraception.

Emergency Contraception is indeed available at Planned Parenthood, other sexual health clinics, at GPs and Gynos and at Emergency Rooms.
How much ec is depends on where you get it, and whether the clinic you visit operates on a sliding scale (earn little - pay little is the rule there). The average cost for a visit to get Emergency Contraception would be 20-25 US$ and 30-35$ for the meds itself.

Sexual health clinics are - in my knowledge and experience- always very helpful towards teens in all situations, especially pregnancy scares. If you go to Planned Parenthood, you can expect to be treated with dignity and care and without embarassment. I volunteered at a PP place, and sexually active teens worried about pregnancy are there each and every day - and no one there should give you a moral lecture.

PP will also treat you and your galpal confidentially.

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

Spike: (In response to being asked to fight a troll) "I would, but I'm paralyzed with not caring very much."

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Also visit http://www.plannedparenthood.org/EC/index.html - it features a handy PP clinic locator by zipcode.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.