Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » endomitriosus....help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: endomitriosus....help
stevesbaby131
Neophyte
Member # 11801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stevesbaby131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i was curious, my mother had endomitriosus (is that how you spell it?) and its REALLY bothering me. the thing thats getting me all worried is...is it a genetic disease? i don't want to have it if it is...she had like 2 or 3 surgeries and we think its not fully gone... plz help me. its been buggin' me for a while now and i just want to settle it once and for all....can i ever get it if she had it?!? if so, can you plz give me some info about it, how to treat it and how to protect against it? if you can i would be SOOO thankful. thanx again

------------------
~*~HuGs AnD kIsSeS~*~

Posts: 16 | From: U S OF A BABY!!! | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Endometriosis http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum24/HTML/000152.html

courtesy of the General Health & Nutrition FAQ

------------------
Universal Law #4721: Any joke can be made funnier with the word "goatf**ker." Corollary, any story can be made more entertaining by adding a few ninjas.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi baby,

if you are worried about having endo, because your mom has it, there are a few things you can do: first off, start charting your cycles and make detail notes of anything else that seems related (i.e. cramps, amount of bleeding, pain, etc).
get checked out by a gyno and tell him your mom has endo and you are worried about it, too. bring your charted cycles and discuss them.

if you don't have any symptoms, there is no reason to get too stressed out right now. even if you should get diagnosed with endo at one point or the other in the future, don't forget that treatment for endo is available and that it's been improving over the years, too. no need to worry about getting pregnant yet.

so to recap: chart the cycles, ask your doc. ask what you should be looking out for. and don't stress too much, eh?

for some more, take a look at WebMD: Endometriosis Topic Overview, great spot for tons of info.

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

Spike: (In response to being asked to fight a troll) "I would, but I'm paralyzed with not caring very much."

[This message has been edited by Alaska (edited 02-17-2003).]

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stevesbaby131
Neophyte
Member # 11801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stevesbaby131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanx a lot guys, you've been a big help

------------------
~*~HuGs AnD kIsSeS~*~

Posts: 16 | From: U S OF A BABY!!! | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
btw, stevesbaby, in the future, would you mind posting these kinds of post in another section of the boards?

the emergencies and crisis forum is intended for real emergencies that need immediate replies by the advocates and sexperts (i.e. failed birth control, etc). - even though i can understand that this was an urgent issue for you, it would have been answered just as well somewhere on the general boards.

thanks!

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

Spike: (In response to being asked to fight a troll) "I would, but I'm paralyzed with not caring very much."

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.