Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » could it be?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: could it be?
totallydazed01
Neophyte
Member # 11852

Icon 1 posted      Profile for totallydazed01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i had unprotected sex yesterday. the pull out method.. yah stupIDDDD I know!!!!!! but yeah
I dont really have a way to the clinic. i dont really want to go b/c the onlye wayt there is to tell my parents n they would kill me. N i need to know kinda fast so if its going to take me 2 menstral cycles then i would have to find a way to get to the clinic.
but will you please tell me if you had sex that close to ur period like 6 days... this period thats suppose to be here the 22nd that wont happen if im pregnant right? or would i have to wait till the next one since thats so close to the date im suppose to start? *considerin u could be preg n still have ur period*
Just curious.........
thanks very much

------------------
~Female 16

Posts: 8 | From: Illinois | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by totallydazed01:
I dont really have a way to the clinic. i dont really want to go b/c the onlye wayt there is to tell my parents n they would kill me.

You know, hon, just to give some perspective: what's worse: asking your parents (or another person you trust) to drive you to your docs, the er or a clinic (sexual health, 24 hour or otherwise) - these are all places where you can get emergency contraception- or to ask them for a drive to an abortion clinic or the hospital to give birth? Sounds very harsh, but these are your choices here.

I know it's not easy to ask for assistance when you need it because you made a mistake, but really, you should get emergency contraception, which can lower your risk of being pregnant by a whopping 80% instead of waiting for your period.
Are there buses in your area? Do you have a bike? A relative you trust who'd drive you? Maybe your partner's parents or one of his siblings? A taxi? If you really want and have to get somwhere, there is always a way to get there.

I really hope you decide to get yourself to a clinic for emergency contraception. You'll need to get to a clinic sooner or later anyway because of the STD risk both you and your partner had, so why not do it straight away?

On a general note: could you please take the time to use correct English, rather than netspeak and abbreviations in the future? This makes understanding and reading your posts a lot easier. Thank you.

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

Spike: (In response to being asked to fight a troll) "I would, but I'm paralyzed with not caring very much."

[This message has been edited by Alaska (edited 02-16-2003).]

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
btw, you asked this in Ask ST already. Please don't double post. We promise we'll answer you as soon as possible, but asking over and over again isn't going to either: give you an answer you want to hear (as opposed to the one that's right) or make us answer faster.

so go get to the ER. get emergency contraception. buy condoms on your way home or tell your boyfriend you won't have sex with him again until you can both be more responsible. and never ever ever never double post. good luck.

------------------
Universal Law #4721: Any joke can be made funnier with the word "goatf**ker." Corollary, any story can be made more entertaining by adding a few ninjas.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.