Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Tons of blood

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tons of blood
ThunderCloud16
Activist
Member # 510

Icon 9 posted      Profile for ThunderCloud16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i had sex for the second time the other day and the next day i noticed i was bleeding kind of a lot, but i figured it was just from having sex. as the day went by, i noticed that the bleeding was getting heavier and heavier, so i figured i was starting my period. But since that day, there has been so much blood. I am soaking 2-3 pads a day and having to chang my tampons almost every hour. The blood is also coming out in these rather large chunks. My periods have never ever been like this before, is there something wrong with me? PLEASE HELP ME, I AM KINDA SCARED.
Posts: 74 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are having "tons of blood" that is HIGHLY unusual for you (and are using tampons AND pads at the same time and soaking through them in short order), or this kind of bleeding when you are NOT on your period, you need to go to the ER. Period.

Sex has no effect on your period, so you understand. We can't guess that that sort of bleeding is because it could be a whole lot of things. "Chunks" can be normal, as well. That is generally clotting and endometrium.

If there is not, literally, TONS of blood, give it a day or two. if it persists, then see the ER or your gynecologist.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThunderCloud16
Activist
Member # 510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThunderCloud16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
there are like clots of blood, sometimes it is stringy so to say. this is the third day of it, so i should give it another day or two?
Posts: 74 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Again, if you are not exaggerating, but there is indeed, as you've said, TONS of blood, and you're soaking through pads and tampons combined, no, do not wait.

If it is far less dire than that (and yes, endometrium and clots are stringy), then waiting another day or two is fine.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.