Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » what to do?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what to do?
munkyvader10
Neophyte
Member # 11767

Icon 5 posted      Profile for munkyvader10     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I became sexually active on the 14th of January. We had sex on the 14th and then went and got the 72 hour pill. I was stressed and freaked out that I could be pregnant. A week after the first time(of which we both lost our virginity) I felt cramps and hard pains down in my lower stomach. We had sex again later that week and then I became even more paranoid that I may be pregnant. We didn't use the 72 hour pill this time and he pulled out. Both times we used condoms and they didn't break or tear. I got my period about the monday after we had sex for the second time and it was very heavy compared to other periods, and i had unusally bad cramps. About two days after my period we had sex again. We also used a condom this time an dhe pulled out before ejaculation. I have very bad stomach pains right now and I always feel paranoid and scared that I may be pregnant. We didn't use the 72 hour pill the third time. We tried a side ways position and me on top of him this time instead of missionary and he hit something pretty hard both times and now i'm really getting horrible pains in my stomach and shooting pains in my lower stomach near where i'm thinking my cervix would be. Help, is there any chance I could be pregnant? And are those pains just because we tried new things and he hit my cervix(i'm guessing)????? What should I do? Thanks for your time
Posts: 7 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It doesn't sound like you have a pregnancy risk -- using condoms correctly is an adequate form of birth control. However, withdrawal while wearing a condom is unnecessary.

Also, relying on "symptoms" such as stomach pains is a very good way to drive yourself crazy. The only reliable symptom of pregnancy is a positive pregnancy test.

Yes, it could very well be your cervix that was bumped. However, horrible shooting pains could be a signal that something is wrong -- you may wish to call your gyne.

Finally, why not read through these articles:
What's The Risk? - Five Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessment Flow Charts
Ready or Not? –The Readiness Checklist
A Simple Condom Primer
Pink Parts – Female Sexual Anatomy

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...and while you're at your gyno getting those pains checked out, how about asking about a reliable method of contraception that you will use with the condoms? Condoms are a great method of contraception because they also lower your STD transmission risk, but teaming them up with a second reliable method is -obviously better. It's not advisable at all to use emergency contraception unless it really is an emergency - and when you used a condom correctly, there quite simply is no such emergency.

There are plenty of options as to what you can use, check out Margaret Sanger’s Disneyland - An easy chart of your birth control options and discuss with your doc what might be right for you.

Finally, it's just my impression munky, but if you are this freaked out about pregnancy, even though you have used condoms correctly at all times, it might be worth to sit down again and think about whether you are ready for being sexually active. It's fine to be scared of getting pregnant, but one part of being ready is having a plan of what to do should you get pregnant. - However, you seem so very stressed out about this, that I wonder whether you feel "like it's worth" it. - Just give it some thought. It's perfectly okay to find being sexually active and its consequences too stressful and taking a break from it again.

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

Spike: (In response to being asked to fight a troll) "I would, but I'm paralyzed with not caring very much."

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
munkyvader10
Neophyte
Member # 11767

Icon 7 posted      Profile for munkyvader10     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you very much for all of your input. You're right. I'm not ready for sex. I talked to my boyfriend about it and he told me he doesn't feel that we should do anything anymore either becuase It changes our relationship and makes me really paranoid and scared all the time and that he just wants to be with me. He doesn't care about sex, and I think that it's great. I told him I didn't feel I was ready and he totally respects my decision. So we're not having sex anymore and I don't have to worry ...I am going to take that pregnancy test though, just to be sure. Thank you very much for all of your input
Posts: 7 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good on both of you: for being able to have that talk, make sound choices for both of you, and for working it out with care.
Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...and I got to second what Heather said here: Good on you and your partner, munky.
Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.