Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » a lil worried

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: a lil worried
xsweety85ox
Activist
Member # 8044

Icon 5 posted      Profile for xsweety85ox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well the other day my boyfriend and i were fooling around and my hand was in his pants--i dont know if there was pre-cum on my hand and he says that it was just sweat, but he wanted me to masturbate so i took my hand out of his pants and he took my hand and put it by my vagina..i dont remember if my fingers were wet or dry, but what could my chances of being pregnant be? i dont want you to scare me, because i know you will with your response lol, but, like he said, could it have been sweat, he's telling me that he is very sure taht it was sweat because my hand was nowhere by the tip of his penis head where the pre-cum would come out.
Posts: 41 | From: astoria, ny, us | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, you have no way of knowing what it was, and it's not that importtant in assessing your risk.

You do have a pregnancy risk regardless. It is a very small one. What you've described poses a greatesr tisk of transmission of bacteria, and thus, STDs or STIs. Please don't get the idea pregnancy is a bigger deal. More young people transmit and contract disease than become pregnant.

So. Obviously if your period is late next time, take a test. Likely, it won't be.

But it's time for you and yours to start regular STD and STI testing, as you already should be doing, and to take the time to learn about how to practice safer sex. For what you've described, at a minimum, you really need to WASH your hands in between, and ideally, you should both be using latex gloves.

The bonus there too is that then you also needn't even worry about that miniscule pregnancy risk, either.

(For the record, we're never out to scare anyone -- that's not our intent. What we're out to do is simply be as truthful as we can about the reality of these things.)

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.