Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » quick question, not sure if crucial

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: quick question, not sure if crucial
blond ambition
Activist
Member # 9051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blond ambition     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The thing is, i started a whole new pack of pills this month, tomorrow id be on them for one week. Last month on my diffrent pack in the first week i took EC. They told me it takes one week to go into effect, but after taking the EC, to wait a full month before doing any activity unprotected.
Well im on a new month and me and my guy did have intercourse, we used a condom, but i think it tore...Am i at risk?
So this is my second month on the pill, but the first month EC was taken, im afraid that could have lowered the effectancy?
Should i take the EC again, or not worry about it?

Posts: 351 | From: US | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blond ambition
Activist
Member # 9051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blond ambition     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought id add this.. I didnt mean this may not be crucial to answer right away, but if its suggested i take EC again, i need to know today, this is the last day i can take it.
But its only 2:00 here, and i know is voluntarily run.
I also heard that if your sick from your pills, that could also lower there effectancy, and i have been sick, nausious but not vomiting, i donno if its from my pills or just a flu...is that true?, and does it pose a problem for me, in my current situation?

[This message has been edited by blond ambition (edited 01-04-2003).]

Posts: 351 | From: US | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blond ambition
Activist
Member # 9051

I know i cant double post, but no one has taken notice to my post. Im being patient but like iveheard, the earlier theyre dealt with, the more efective they are. Like if i should take EC...its my last day...im sorry, but i need help
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Love, I'm sure your post has been noticed, but when we don't answer it often means we're still doing the research. I'm not sure what's most suitable, so I would advise you to call the clinic that prescribed your Pills or EC.

------------------
Milke, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP

I want a boy for my birthday . . .

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blond ambition
Activist
Member # 9051

I understand.
Theyre not open right now, and if i tried tomorrow, it would prolly be too late. Something tells me they would proably tell me i shouldnt worry, cause they did say wait a month, after taking EC and its was almost a full month before the incident.

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blond, while the pill is not 100% effective, I would say that by now you will have had it be as effective as it possibly can when you had your condom tear, so I would not advise EC and I would say your pregnancy risk is very low.

As may be obvious, just be sure and keep current with both of your STI screens.

Sorry for the delay -- I know it can be nail-biting.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blond ambition
Activist
Member # 9051

Thanxs Milke, and Miz Scarlet,
I figured it might be okay, but i never know when to be sure, such as how much the EC can effect your pills, and for how long. BUt i guess it was enough time.
Thanxs again

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.