Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » pregnancy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pregnancy
esmeralda
Neophyte
Member # 11217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for esmeralda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello i need your help please.
I had unprotected sex 12/30/02( i know dumb huh and it wont happend again). and we used the withdraw method. however my period isn't scheduled for another 10 days and today i woke up with a crampy stomach. what are the chances of pregnancy happening? am i fertile a week before my period?
thank you for your help!

Posts: 15 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have a very high risk of pregnancy so you need emergency contraception. If you live in the US, call 1-800-NOT-2-LATE or get in touch with a clinic that can provide you with emergency contraception. You must get EC within 72 hours of unprotected intercourse, and it's more effective when you get it sooner...so get it now! If you find that many of the clinics are unable to get you EC in time, go to the emergency room of a hospital and see what they can do.

Also, you and your partner have a high STD risk. Time to get tested and use barrier protection in the future...but your priority right now is getting emergency contraception.

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pregnancy can occur as a result of sex at any time in your menstrual cycle. And the "withdrawal" method is not an effective means of contraception - it's perfectly possible to get pregnant from pre-ejaculate.

However, you can still get emergency contraception , since it's been less than 72 hours since you had sex.

So go and do that a.s.a.p.

(Since you had unprotected sex, you also need to think about getting STD/STI testing).

[Mindmeld! ]

[This message has been edited by logic_grrl (edited 12-31-2002).]

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esmeralda
Neophyte
Member # 11217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for esmeralda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
do you know what's the deal with the crampy stomach?
Posts: 15 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it could just be a crampy stomach .

"Symptoms" are not a reliable way of telling whether you're pregnant or not, and in any case a possible pregnancy wouldn't be causing any symptoms at all this early on.

Check this out:

Pregnancy "Symptoms"/Am I pregnant?

And if you haven't already, go get that emergency contraception now.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.