Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » This is Bothering Me..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This is Bothering Me..
Worried576
Neophyte
Member # 10796

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Worried576     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In my last post on this board (Q?)..I told you about an incident with my boyfriend (touching his penis, and then touching my waist area). Now that I'm thinking about it more, I'm thinking he probably touched a little lower, maybe 1-2 inches above my vulva. This is absolutley eating away at me..does 1-2 inches above count as genital contact? Do I have a risk now that I belive he touched a little lower? I would just go and take a pregnancy test tomorrow (10 days after this happened), but I have no way of getting one, last time something like this happened she refused to talk to me. I'm so sorry if I'm being obnoxious, but I'm losing sleep about this and I really want to know.
Posts: 29 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Worried576
Neophyte
Member # 10796

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Worried576     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry..I forgot to add..his hand, to my knowledge, was dry, and it felt dry. If I could not feel ejaculation present in this scenario does that mean that there is none there?
Posts: 29 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really, again, if you had contact to your vulva or vaginal opening or perinuem -- rather than just the mons -- you have a risk. if not, it is miniscule. Again, there is one, it's very low.

I have to be honest though: if you can't access things like pregnancy tests and sexual healthcare easily, it's time to evaluate if you really are ready and prepared to be engaing in any sexual activity. Being able to do things like take a pregnancy test when you're concerned without a big to-do is part of really being ready.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Worried576
Neophyte
Member # 10796

Okay..thank you very much.
Worried576
Neophyte
Member # 10796

I was just reading this post over again..what do you mean by "the mons"? Sorry if that was stupid. As for the other part, you are absolutely right, I'm not ready for any sexual encounters quite yet. However, I wouldn't consider this a sexual encounter because he only touched his penis to "adjust" it, (I guess) and he later wrapped his arms around me, polking me right above where my jeans hit (my hips). Should I even avoid situations such as this?
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The "mons" is the soft fleshy bit just above your pubic bone, where the pubic hair is. Check out Pink Parts - Female Sexual Anatomy.

Really, though, even if he did have pre-ejaculate or even ejaculate on his hand, touching your hip is not going to get you pregnant, okay?

[This message has been edited by logic_grrl (edited 01-02-2003).]

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Worried576
Neophyte
Member # 10796

It was my hip area, but in the center, above the vulva.
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Touching anywhere at waist or hip level is not going to get you pregnant, okay? Especially not if you had your jeans on at the time. And there's no need to avoid hugging.

[This message has been edited by logic_grrl (edited 01-03-2003).]

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Worried576
Neophyte
Member # 10796

Hey again, sorry for replying so much later, but something kinda funny has happened. I got my period this morning, and it was its usual color (brownish-red..is this even normal?) but after like an hour it stopped. Is this implantion bleeding ("spotting")? Or is it just my period being screwy? Sometimes It will stop while Im sleeping and start up again...could this be a case like that? Usually its heavy the first day and Im in pain (im not). Im confused..is spotting rare or does it always happen?
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

"Spotting" is just a term for very light, intermittent bleeding. It's actually quite common to get a bit of spotting the day before your period starts properly, or as your period is ending.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.