Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » can i be

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: can i be
elena2383
Neophyte
Member # 11013

Icon 5 posted      Profile for elena2383     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i had sex the day after i got off my period i did not use protection he cumed inside of me what do u think is the posibility of me being pregnet?

------------------

Posts: 11 | From: DETROIT, MI | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes, it could happen.

if you had sex less than 4 days ago, please go to your doctor, a clinic, or Planned Parenthood (1.800.800.PLAN) and ask for emergency contraception (the morning after pill). The sooner, the more effective the pills.

If it was a while ago, wait 10 days after the incident then tke a home pregnancy test. If it comes up negative, then thank your lucky stars and go back to the store and buy condoms and lube. then use them forever and ever afterwards (till you're ready for kids, anyway)

If you are pregnant, call your doctor and start getting prenatal care. Or you can get care from clinics or Planned Parenthood.

Also, because you had unprotected sex, you need to get STD screens. You can also do that at the doctor, a clinic or PP.

------------------
Correlation does not equal causation.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elena2383
Neophyte
Member # 11013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elena2383     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well it only happend this morning. ive been wiht this guy for over 2 years i not sure i want to take the morning pill see i had an abortion before and i think i might be ready this time but im not sure
Posts: 11 | From: DETROIT, MI | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elena2383
Neophyte
Member # 11013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elena2383     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
some birth control i can not take and ive tried other they mess with me emotionaly i have been screend 4 stds if i decide not to take the morning after pill i will be able to tell if i am pregnet in 10 days? or do i have to wait a month til my next period?
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, parenting is a tough task, i'm sure you are well aware.

if i were you, i'd make that appointment at PP anyway. if you do in fact definitely truly want to keep this possible pregnancy you don't need to take the pills. But it's always good to book that appt. ASAP.

Sit down and talk to your boyfriend. Two years is a long time, but is it as long as the 18 years or more that it takes to raise a child? Your boyfriend might not be ready and/or to raise a child. If you have a baby, it is likely that he's going to have to be responsible for it, too. This is something you should both come to an agreement on.

Check out the Pregnancy and Parenting forum and read the threads about what life is like as a teen parent.

Discussing Pregnancy with your Partner http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum2/HTML/000832.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum10/HTML/000269.html

A Day in the Life http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum10/HTML/000274.html

Anyway, my point is, make that appointment. Talk to your boyfriend before you go to the clinic. Then you can decide if you want to take those pills.

imho, you're proably young. if you haven't finished school, you should do that first. education helps pay the bills in the long run. there'll be plenty of time for kids, maybe marriage and work. enjoy your youth and your freedom while you can.

------------------

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dude_who_writes
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5640

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dude_who_writes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can get pretty accurate results from most home pregnancy tests at least 10 days after you had sex. Your best bet is to test more than once though, just to make sure you don't end up with either a false positive or negative.

------------------
Tim,
Scarleteen Advocate

Don't get strung out by the way I look, don't judge a book by its cover... -- Sweet Transvestite, Rocky Horror.

Posts: 712 | From: Michigan, US | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

i originally misread your post (i'm too hyped up on caffeine and it's shortening my attention span. sorry!)

well, if hormonal birth control is out of the question and you are still considering non-hormonal back-up options in addition to condoms and lube, here's a thread on the topic:
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum2/HTML/002951.html

And if you choose to not use emergency contraception, then yes, you can wait ten days and take a preg. test.

------------------

elena2383
Neophyte
Member # 11013

well i have finnished high school i have a little over year left of collage im going on 20 and i talked it over we cant decide if i should take the pill or take the responsability of raising a child 4 18years
elena2383
Neophyte
Member # 11013

i do use lub and condoms it was a spare of the moment kind of thing
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

well, the pill is simpler, and if you do want children, you can always try again later especially if conditions are a little more optimal for raising kids (steady job, decent income, stability). it gets so much more difficult if you're not sure whether you want a child, but you have one, and then decide that it wasn't the best choice at that moment.

anyway, good luck, and i hope you and your boyfriend come to a concensus about parenting.

------------------

elena2383
Neophyte
Member # 11013

thank u

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.