Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » disturbed and curious and need answers :(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: disturbed and curious and need answers :(
tankgirl25
Neophyte
Member # 10997

Icon 9 posted      Profile for tankgirl25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok...so ive been dating this guy for like 6 months..and sex life is great...well...ok...when we first started...we were very very protective..but now lately...we're getting careless...like...we'll start to have unprotective sex and then he'll put a condom on. well..ok...last nite..i gave a try on giving head and it came to me that guys have pre-sperm right? well...is there a chance u can get preg. when having unprotected sex for a few before puttin on a condom? and another ? for u. when a girl is on her period is it safe to have unprotected sex or is that when most likely a girl can get preg.?
Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh boy.

Okay, here we go:

1) No, it is NOT safe to have unprotected sex at ANY time of your cycle. Doing so puts you at high risk of both pregnancy and STD and STI transmission.

2) For condoms to be effective birth control and STI protection, they must be used for ALL contact from start to finish. Partial use is NOT effective.

FYI, unprotected oral sex ALSO puts you at risk of STD and STI transmission or contraction. Sounds to me like you and your guy need to have a Big Talk about fixing your habits before you find this stuff out the hard way, love.

If he or you can't handle that, it might be worth thinking about if you can handle being sexually active right now. So, have a think, then have that talk. Set some limits and make some firm rules, and don't bend them. Gambling with pregnancy or STIs is a losing game.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.