Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Pills in effect?...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pills in effect?...
blond ambition
Activist
Member # 9051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blond ambition     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I already posted this in body and soul, but i thought id move it here, it hasnt been answered yet, and its kinda important to me, all the while ive been trying to search more on it, i hope this is okay , if its not alright to move it then i apologize i didnt know what else to do.
The situation is...i am on yasmin oral contraceptives, and i had to stop for a month due to missed pills. I started again this month on a sunday. The directions that come with it say that durning the first week untill the next sunday, another method should be used.(condoms, spermecides..) So i guess this would mean i need to go 7 days untill i have sex(which it did state)...But i think a long time ago when my sister was on yasmin the gyno told her it would take a month to go into effect..."Should i trust the pill pack or my sister and the doctor?" is what me and my guy asked ourselves, and we went ahead to trust the directions and had sex last night (sunday)..but then today i was searching through other questions on BC..and i saw a response that seemed to say it would take a month for pills to go into effect...what do you think about this?...should i try to go get an emergency contreceptive or what? I donno where our clinic is, would it be listed?
thank you.

[This message has been edited by blond ambition (edited 12-09-2002).]

Posts: 351 | From: US | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey gal, hang in there, your questions will be answered as quickly as possible. We ask that you do not double post. Moreover, this forum is for emergencies only.

"Emergency" refers to: possible pregnancy risk assessment and emergency contraception questions, possible STD exposure, rape and assault, domestic abuse, and anything else that can incur immediate bodily harm.

------------------
Correlation does not equal causation.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blond ambition
Activist
Member # 9051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blond ambition     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am sorry, it was an emergency for me, i should have just posted here in the first place. i was just worried and didnt want it to be too late before i could get the emergency contraceptives...thanxs for the post!
Posts: 351 | From: US | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.