Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Could i get.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could i get.....
CuteLilBunnie
Neophyte
Member # 6035

Icon 5 posted      Profile for CuteLilBunnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I jsut had anal sex with my boyfriend while i was on my period. what aare the chances i could get pregnant? (he pulled out, but there was still some cum..)
Posts: 9 | From: Columbia | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
some women ovulate during their period. that's because their cycles haven't quite smoothed out. this is why we say it's a bad idea to assume you can't get pregnant on your period.

add to that: gravity works in mysterious ways. semen can dribble out of your anus and into your vulva. thus, sperm can still get inside.

therefore, yes, it is possible to get pregnant. call up planned parenthood 1.800.800.PLAN to get emergency contraception. the sooner, the more effective. and on the way back, but some condoms with water-based lube. use them every time from now on.

------------------
If the shoe fits, it's probably your size.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In addition, unprotected Anal Sex is a high risk activity for the transmission and contraction of STDs/STIs, namely for

• Bacterial Vaginosis
  • Chlamydia
  • Cytomegalovirus (CMV)
  • Gonorrhea
  • Hepatitis B
  • Herpes Simplex
  • Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
  • Human Papilloma Virus (HPV, Warts)
  • Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
  • Pubic Lice
  • Scabies
  • Syphilis
  • Trichomoniasis

So unless you and your partner have had two clear screens, six months apart with all sex during those six months being protected, you'll both need an STD screen, too.

You can get that at Sexual Health and Planned Parenthood Clinics, too.

Furthermore, when using condoms for anal sex, make sure you do not use them for vaginal intercourse later on. Switch condoms if you switch between vaginal and anal intercourse.
Team your condoms up with some nice lube, too, many people prefer a slightly slicker lube for anal sex, such as a silicone based one.

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

Spike: (In response to being asked to fight a troll) "I would, but I'm paralyzed with not caring very much."

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CuteLilBunnie
Neophyte
Member # 6035

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CuteLilBunnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I still have my period, is that a good sign?
Posts: 9 | From: Columbia | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As the other two advocates have already said, you still have a risk of pregnancy even if you're still on your period--sperm can live in the vagina for a while.
Call 1.800.800.PLAN, get in contact with a Planned Parenthood, or go to a local clinic to obtain emergency contraception. The faster the better, gal, especially since tommorrow is Thanksgiving in the US. I don't know if you live in the US or not, but if you do live in the US, some of your local resources may be closed tommorrow for the holiday...so it's time to act now.

[This message has been edited by Ashy (edited 11-27-2002).]

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.