Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » I'm really worried

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm really worried
Mirime
Neophyte
Member # 10556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mirime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the last few days I've had pains in my lower abdomen. I have experienced 'stabbing' pains once before, a few months ago, I didnt think much of them because it was only for a few minutes. But yesterday I woke up with an aching feeling around my bladder area, it was also quite tender. But today the pains came back, this time with increased strength and pain when I pee. I have checked out some health books and found I had symptoms similar to those of PID. I am still a virgin and have had tests for bacterial infections before which were clear. I have made an appointment to see my GP but am really worried, please help me. Thank you
Posts: 4 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, hon, if it hurts when you pee and you've got pains around your bladder, it's probably a urinary tract infection (UTI), but only your doctor can tell for sure, and only a doctor can prescribe the medicines necessary to clear it up. UTIs can happen in anyone, regardless of sexual activity levels (although sometimes sexual activity can exacerbate one or pass one from one partner to another, that's not the only way to get them), so if that's what it is, you're not alone.

Bacterial infections can come and go, so it's entirely possible that even if you didn't have one before, that you do have one now. They're also pretty easy to get rid of as long as you follow your doc's instructions and finish all the medication you get.

If it is a UTI, it will help if you drink lots of water and cranberry juice before you can get in to see your doctor. If it's not a UTI, then you'll at least be well hydrated.

Try not to panic, and wait and see what the doctor says. I hope you feel better soon!

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mirime
Neophyte
Member # 10556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mirime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you erinK for replying. Your help and advice is much appreciated
Posts: 4 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.