Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » FOOD POSIONING OR PREGNANT?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FOOD POSIONING OR PREGNANT?
vballchick_2004
Activist
Member # 7982

Icon 4 posted      Profile for vballchick_2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok a couple days ago i ate a hamburger that was NOT done at all it was REALLY pink in the middle, that night i started to get an upset stomach ive had this stomach ache for 3 days now. A couple days before i had my hamburger me and my bf were just messin around he stuck it in w/out a condom, but i AM on birth control..im scared if im pregnant i dont know if its food poisioning or what?? HELP!
Posts: 70 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you've been using your method of birth control consistently and correctly then you should be protected.

However, any time you have sex without some sort of barrier you put yourself and your partner at risk for STD/STIs. The two of you should get tested and stock up on things such as condoms and gloves for the future. See Safe, Sound & Sexy – A Safer Sex How-To for what to use when.

And please keep in mind that "symptoms" such as an upset stomach are not a reliable indicator of pregnancy. Nothing, short of a pregnancy test or actually giving birth, is.

[This message has been edited by ookuotoe (edited 11-02-2002).]

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vballchick_2004
Activist
Member # 7982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vballchick_2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you, but could this be a sign of morning sickness?? does it usually last 4 days?? sometimes i feel ok..but then sometimes it starts to hurt again..i sit down and put the heating pad on my stomach and that seems to take it away for the time being
Posts: 70 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check this out:

Pregnancy Symptoms

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Sexpert (and Labia Lady)

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you suspect you have food poisoning for any reason, please call your doctor so you can get antibiotics to treat the infection. Depending on the kind of bacteria, you could be doing a lot of harm to your body by just letting it go unchecked.

------------------
If the shoe fits, it's probably your size.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.