Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » worried.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: worried.
archangel
Neophyte
Member # 10460

Icon 11 posted      Profile for archangel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Scarleteen,

I was having sex with my girlfriend using a condom. However, when I was pulling it out, the semen had dripped onto her vagina,. Is there be a possibility for her being pregnant from this?

Posts: 5 | From: Melbourne | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
badly_behaved_badger
Activist
Member # 7728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for badly_behaved_badger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi archangel! Yes, your girlfriend has a HIGH to VERY HIGH risk of pregnancy according to this flowchart (you may want to check it out yourself):-
http://www.scarleteen.com/reproduction/preg_risk.html

If it is less than 72 hours since you had sex, please make sure your girlfriend takes an ECP (emergency contraception pill) 'morning after pill'. These are available from Planned Parenthood or a doctor.

If it was longer than 3 days since the risk occured, your girlfriend needs to take a pregnancy test. Your girlfriend has an STD risk, so make sure she gets tested. To make sure you don't have any accidents with condom use again, please read this: http://www.scarleteen.com/infection/condom.html

Good luck!
*Badger*

[This message has been edited by badly_behaved_badger (edited 10-30-2002).]

Posts: 388 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to clarify: a pregnancy test will not give accurate results until 10-14 days after the incident in question or the first missed day or her period, whichever comes sooner.

I'm not sure from your post whether the condom broke or semen leaked out as you were pulling out, but you might find it useful to check out A Simple Condom Primer for future reference.

[This message has been edited by logic_grrl (edited 10-30-2002).]

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
archangel
Neophyte
Member # 10460

Icon 5 posted      Profile for archangel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Scarlet,

I hope you didn't get my note wrong though, I was pulling out the condom from my penis when Im had already outside of her and my semen had dripped onto her vagina from the condom. So what is the risk of pregnancy??

Im sorry for the confusion.

Posts: 5 | From: Melbourne | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,
The risk of pregnancy is the same as previously stated (very high!) It does not matter whether you're inside of her or not--if semen or pre-ejaculate comes in contact with the vulva, there's a very high risk of pregnancy. So if possible, get emergency contraception as quickly as possible!

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.